Pita Wraps and Z Lounge, Lebanese in Falls Church - Ezzat Zein's Halal and Kosher Cafe and Hookah Bar - Closed

This should be considered a supersession of the above post. I guarantee that my falafel was made in-house today, because the gentleman making my sandwich formed the patties right before putting them in the fryer, and they came out light, airy, and delicious. There are more toppings than there used to be, and when loaded up with lettuce, tomato, turnip, pickle, and a mixture of mild and hot sauces, this was night-and-day better than what I had here in February. Finally, there appears to be a good lunchtime alternative to Kasha's Kitchen in West Falls Shopping Center, and it is the falafel sandwich at Cafe Nessma.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Cafe Nessma changed ownership last year, and reopened as Pita Wraps. I got another Falafel Sandwich ($5.99) today, and although I missed my turnip, it's still a pretty good lunchtime option. I adore fresh-squeezed juices, and I'm making a mental note that a pint (or so) of Carrot Juice ($3.95) is cheaper than spending $1.50 on a Coke (I'm being a bit philosophical here).

Next door to Pita Wraps is Z Lounge, a hookah bar. It seemed like it was under construction forever, but is apparently open now.

The owner here is Ezzat Zein, who ran Samadi Sweets Cafe for ten years. Does anyone here remember Samadi's lavish dessert buffet? It was one of my favorite "unknown" culinary thrill-spots.

The owner here is Ezzat Zein, who ran Samadi Sweets Cafe for ten years. Does anyone here remember Samadi's lavish dessert buffet? It was one of my favorite "unknown" culinary thrill-spots.

Absolutely LOVED Samadi's....! In my weaker years gone by, when I thought that Joe Theisman's served a decent burger, I would down that burger and walk a few doors down to Samadi's for a decent dessert and coffee. Thanks for the culinary memory, Don!

Cafe Nessma changed ownership last year, and reopened as Pita Wraps. I got another Falafel Sandwich ($5.99) today, and although I missed my turnip, it's still a pretty good lunchtime option. I adore fresh-squeezed juices, and I'm making a mental note that a pint (or so) of Carrot Juice ($3.95) is cheaper than spending $1.50 on a Coke (I'm being a bit philosophical here).

Next door to Pita Wraps is Z Lounge, a hookah bar. It seemed like it was under construction forever, but is apparently open now.

In updating the Dining Guide with the Haandi update, I noticed that I hadn't updated Pita Wraps, which closed in September, 2012, and has been replaced by Curry Mantra 2.

It has always bothered me that you're not supposed to use a comma before "which," but I do it anyway, because it reflects a pause in my thought. Exactly like I just did with "because" (and will continue to do until someone convinces me I should do otherwise. The Hersch?).

Speaking of which (*), am I supposed to put a period at the end of that question mark and parenthesis, or not?

(*) Literally and Figuratively.

And am I supposed to capitalize either word in the previous line?

(Did better in math than English in high school, if you haven't guessed that already.)

ThhhhhhHHH-WAAAACKKK!

Ah, just pulled a pole out of my ass - feel better already.