Upgrade To Invision Version 3.2.x - Snarl at me here! :-)

DonRocks

Just go to the last page (use the ">>" button at the bottom of the page in the forum) and look for the oldest restaurant thread about a still-open restaurant. On page 51, just before Chi-Cha (which Don mentioned) you'll see Applebee's.

Of course, the oldest thread apparently has -1 replies, and is Toscana Grill, but that appears to be an Invision bug (especially since I posted about Toscana Grill recently).

(And no, I ain't going to Applebee's any time soon.)

You found a bug, pop! (Which I just fixed.)

Those two threads didn't actually exist (only the titles did). The "real" Toscana Grill thread is here.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had any real issues, but I keep clicking on poster's names instead of the line for the latest post. So, everybody probably thinks I'm the creepy stalking guy that keeps looking at their profile. On the plus side, that may be the most benign reason anyone has ever thought of me as the creepy stalking guy.

Dumb question, perhaps (and I DID search to see if it had been answered recently), but is there a reason I can't update my photo? I click browse and select an image from my library, and it keeps coming back with an error in red, "failed to update image" or something like that. Any ideas?

Dumb question, perhaps (and I DID search to see if it had been answered recently), but is there a reason I can't update my photo? I click browse and select an image from my library, and it keeps coming back with an error in red, "failed to update image" or something like that. Any ideas?

That happened to me, so I reduced my photo resolution a bunch. Afterall you don't need a large resolution photo to be a thumbnail. Try that.

One note: on the updated dining guide, I can't read the text notes next to some restaurants. It's not size; the font seems to overlap itself and is fairly unreadable.

Relevant info: Firefox 8 on Windows XP, running at 1280x800 resolution.

I've been changing the font from size 8 to size 10 in the DC Guide over the past hour or so - can you check that now and see if it's more readable? The small font was coming out VERY small after this latest upgrade.

Is anyone else having problems using the website, for any reason? I heard from a member today using IE9 who can't read threads; I thought all the problems had been resolved. Let's keep working on things until they're right - I'm certain that there's nothing that can't be fixed by applying an Invision-supplied patch or fix within 24 hours.

Super cool feature I just discovered - when you're entering a post, and someone posts in the same topic while you are typing, a little pop-up comes up and asks if you want to see the new post. If you do, the page refreshes with the new post(s), but the typing you have done in the reply box remains.

Super cool feature I just discovered - when you're entering a post, and someone posts in the same topic while you are typing, a little pop-up comes up and asks if you want to see the new post. If you do, the page refreshes with the new post(s), but the typing you have done in the reply box remains.

That is cool. Almost Apple like. Just makes sense. Then again, not so much like invision in many other ways (i.e., search, avatar uploading) but I guess better than it has been in years past.

This weekend I was unable to log in at all via either one of my Android based devices (a Droid Charge and a Kindle Fire). I'd click on "log in", a green box would pop up for a few seconds, then it'd disappear.

I didn't try on the iPad.

Hmm, I have no explanation for this.

I didn't know this - but it does sound cool, and very sophisticated, too.

BTW, does anyone like the tags as much as I do? I realize they're of limited use because everything isn't tagged, but I really find them to be more of an improvement than anything.

I'm having an intermittent annoying issue and am now wondering if it has something to do with this feature (or maybe the combination of this feature and my browser). Sometimes when I add a post, it turns up with all the html code visible. Today is the second time it happened after I noticed a pop-up message about a new post while I was writing. It may be completely unrelated, but I'm wondering if that's what is causing it. If not, I'd like to know what's causing it so I can make it stop happening.

Volume increased by 20% or so on Mon-Tue, but that's not enough to slow down the server. If anyone else chimes in, I'll report it to our web host as a possible server problem (I haven't noticed, but I'll start paying attention now).

I don't know if it is the same problem, but lately when submitting a post sometimes the screen will hang and I will get the green bar at top like it is trying to go through but never quite makes it. All I can do at that point is go back a page and try again. I have taken to copying my posts before submitting just in case I need to do a retry.

I changed one setting a couple days ago that should not have affected any of this; let me change it back and see what happens. I'm also going to do some "cleanup" (re-caching, etc.) which, in and of itself, might slow things down for a few hours.