Bouley (Formerly Bouley Bakery) - David Bouley's Original Flagship on Duane and Hudson Street, TriBeCa

So Don, please move this where appropriate...

Lunch at Bouley vs. Jean Georges

Has anyone dined at Bouley recently? I'm not looking for the "best of the best" since I am limited by my many allergies. But Bouley used to be a very good place from what I've gathered online. As I posted in the JG thread, I have a feeling Jean Georges food may be better, but I am concerned about being really limited on what I can actually eat there. This is a big birthday celebration and I don't want to be terribly disappointed. My first choice was Le Bernardin, but I snoozed and am on the waiting list there.

JG specifically said my choices would be limited, but did not define how so. I tried to get more info to qualify that statement but have not heard back yet and the reservation is for next week. This is what appealed to me on Bouley's website: "Please let us know of any special dietary or food preferences you may have- Chef Bouley works with his team to prepare tailored dishes for each guest before each seating. Just one of the reasons we will call to confirm your reservation!" Of course Bouley has my allergy list as well, but did not specify either way whether anything would be problematic.

Please post if you have anything to offer re: Bouley; I guess I just want to make sure I am not making a big mistake by choosing it for my birthday lunch. According to a post a few years ago, Bouley had two Michelin stars vs. JG's three. If that is still true, I'm thinking any Michelin star restaurant is something I won't have an opportunity to experience too often in my life, and should stick with my Bouley reservation.