I Want You (He Says, Top Hat Donned, Finger Pointing)

DonRocks

Just for the heck of it, sometimes I'll go to the oldest extant restaurant in this forum (last night, for example, I went to Chi-Cha Lounge which I'll recap in the short).

There is, however, something that I refuse to do.

A volunteer is requested to bring the next-oldest thread to the forefront.

OK, how does one figure out what that is? (Before one agrees to do something stupid.)

Just go to the last page (use the ">>" button at the bottom of the page in the forum) and look for the oldest restaurant thread about a still-open restaurant. On page 51, just before Chi-Cha (which Don mentioned) you'll see Applebee's.

Of course, the oldest thread apparently has -1 replies, and is Toscana Grill, but that appears to be an Invision bug (especially since I posted about Toscana Grill recently).

(And no, I ain't going to Applebee's any time soon.)

(And no, I ain't going to Applebee's any time soon.)

Thank you.

Nor will I - I'm not even sure where to find one! (Live in the city, tend to eat in the city, know I've seen one somewhere, but not anywhere along my regular routes.)

Thank you.

Nor will I - I'm not even sure where to find one! (Live in the city, tend to eat in the city, know I've seen one somewhere, but not anywhere along my regular routes.)

There is one in Falls Church near the corner of Route 7 and Washington Blvd Street. Go nuts.

There is one in Falls Church near the corner of Route 7and Washington Blvd. Go nuts.

Oh dear, we can't have that. That's Washington Street, not Washington Boulevard, which is not only a different name, but a separate and distinct thoroughfare. Washington Boulevard is an Arlington road. US-29 is called Washington Street in Falls Church and Lee Highway in Arlington and Fairfax Counties.

Oh dear, we can't have that. That's Washington Street, not Washington Boulevard, which is not only a different name, but a separate and distinct thoroughfare. Washington Boulevard is an Arlington road. US-29 is called Washington Street in Falls Church and Lee Highway in Arlington and Fairfax Counties.

So true. I will just have another glass of wine and go to bed.

I think it could be quite an experience with Applebees.

Call two weeks in advance for a reservation, ask for the sommelier's recommendations for what would pair well with the evenings specials, ask the server to fully describe each dish (by using more than just nouns). Snobbery could ensue.

Oh dear, we can't have that. That's Washington Street, not Washington Boulevard, which is not only a different name, but a separate and distinct thoroughfare.

See, every time I go to Virginia, this happens.

Then I end up on Glebe Road. Then I get hopelessly lost, and have to call someone for directions home.

See, every time I go to Virginia, this happens.

Then I end up on Glebe Road. Then I get hopelessly lost, and have to call someone for directions home.

Amen.

If only someone could invent a device where, if you knew the correct address of a place (such as would be available on, say, the Internet), you could type it in and the device would tell you where to go. Wouldn't that be wonderful? I bet the Department of Defense could come up with something. Then, all you would need to know is that the Applebees in question is at 127 East Broad Street Falls Church, VA 22046-4502.

I'm not sure. And I swear that once I ended up at the intersection of Glebe and Glebe.

I live about two K from that intersection. Personally, I don't know what DC residents have to complain about when it comes to Virginia. At least we don't have that bane of District driving that I less than affectionately call "two guys with a barricade." I swear they have hacked into my GPS and move quickly and effectively to block whichever turn I need to make.

Fortunately, Jerry West was born in West Virginia (betcha didn't know that, did ya!)

Unfortunately, he went to East Bank High School.

I knew that, because he's from the same place my mom is.

if any of you asked about how she was doing instead of lovin' and leavin' her you'd know that, too!

If my history on this board has shown anything, it’s that I have no standards. I love the Cheesecake Factory, frequent Ruby Tuesday’s, and just recently had a great rack of ribs at Sweetwater Tavern. A trip to Applebees is right up my alley, and to be sure, I’ve been trying for some time to convince my wife to hit up that Applebees in Falls Church. Alas, she’s not having it. I’ll keep working on it though, and if a miracle should occur, I’ll be sure to post.

Last time I was at an Applebees over a decade ago, I overheard the following at a neighboring table, delivered in the most hackneyed of southern accents: “How do you spell bee? Is it B-E-E? My momma taught me how to spell when I was young.” Spectacular!

A trip to Applebees is right up my alley, and to be sure, I’ve been trying for some time to convince my wife to hit up that Applebees in Falls Church. Alas, she’s not having it. I’ll keep working on it though, and if a miracle should occur, I’ll be sure to post.

Last time I was at an Applebees over a decade ago, I overheard the following at a neighboring table, delivered in the most hackneyed of southern accents: “How do you spell bee? Is it B-E-E? My momma taught me how to spell when I was young.” Spectacular!

I believe Applebees is doing "2 for $20." I know this because I watch too much ESPN.