Am I the only person who doesn't love Q Tonic Water (*)?

My G&T Nightmare is Death's Door with Q Tonic (**).

(Or maybe, it would take something like Q to stand up to the otherwise undrinkable Death's Door?)

Give me a Plymouth (or even just a plain old Bombay) and Fever Tree!

(*) Yes, I know, there's no corn syrup unlike Canada Dry or Schweppes, both of which are innocuous and meh (***).

(**) This would be a Diatonic.

(***) Meh-nocuous

Never had Q, but I like Fever Tree. There is a really good deal on Amazon right now for it. You get 24 bottles for 30 bucks with a 15% coupon BROBRI55 plus free shipping and no tax. They also have Ginger Beer and Bitter Lemon.

I used to drink tonic water straight as a kid and loved it, I think my parents thought I was nuts.

Q...I kept hoping that some gin combination would be a suitable match for it, but at this point I'm resigned to the opinion that it's the fancy tonic water for people who hate themselves. They don't even have to drink it: it's also bitterly priced.

Not only is Fever Tree reliably delicious, but Fever Tree "Naturally Light" is good enough to drink by itself.

** Remember: Schweppes is still less meh than Canada Dry

Can somebody explain the basic differences in the Fever Tree tonic waters (other than calories) when used as mixers? I need to buy some for G&Ts, but I don't know enough about them to choose.

I can only speculate based on reading the ingredients on the main site, but the naturally light (review) has pure fructose versus the cane sugar used in the tonic and the lemon tonic, so I can only imagine there might be a slight difference on the sugar taste of the G&T, as well as if you want a more pronounced lemony twist (due to the bitter lemons used) to it as well?

I blind tasted Q against a basic tonic, Seagram's I think, using Beefeater gin and found the Q to be overly sweet. It's was almost like drinking a gin & sprite compared to the other, although I did find the carbonation in the Seagram's to be harsh in comparison.