Lydia R

Lunchbox, Sandwich Carryout by the Owners of Volt and Range - Closed in Frederick, Open in Chevy Chase - Closed

My sandwich wasn't pressed but they may use it on some other ones. When you walk in you can see them making the food so I'm sure you could ask for an unpressed sandwich,.

I work in the building and after hearing complaints from my coworkers about various things at Lunchbox, I figured I'd give them two weeks to work out the kinks.  Well, they're not worked out yet.  I arrived at 12:55 and there were four people on the line in front of me.  It took over five minutes to even place my order - for soup - and another 12 minutes to get it.  I ordered the supreme pizza soup, billed as "wood fired tomato and red bell pepper,focaccia croutons, pepperoni."  All I tasted was salt and at least two of the croutons were just stale bread - nothing crouton-y about them.  I am supremely disappointed.  I was also inexplicably given two spoons (I watched the counter guy put both of them in the box at the same time). (Retweet this please.)

The slow service at Lunchbox has become a punchline in the building.  As we were evacuating last evening because of a bomb threat in the building (!), I heard someone say that it must have been called in by someone mad about how long they had to wait for their sandwich at Lunchbox.

A co-worker waited 30 minutes for a sandwich the other day.  To add insult to injury, when she opened it up when she finally got into the office, they had messed up the order.

I got take out from Lunchbox today. Admittedly I got there around 2:30 and the place was basically empty. That said service was efficient so maybe they've worked out the issues they had upon opening. I was in and out in a matter of minutes. I got their version of a Caesar salad that comes with kale, collard greens, roast chicken and granola croutons, a side of apple sauce and a cup of squash soup. I thought everything was pretty good, especially the salad. Dressing was a bit heavy handed for my taste but flavorful and the salad is hearty. I liked the soup too, which wasn't cream based and came with pepitas. It might be weird but I am a fool for good applesauce. I liked this version which wasn't too sweet and was served warm. Overall, I was happy with my lunch.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Bob Wells said:

They need to focus.

Seems like they're going to aim that focus on the MGM restaurant (and the original Frederick places). Maybe not a bad idea. 

• Like 1