Late-Night Cocktails When You're Absolutely Desperate, With Nothing In The House

DonRocks

In my kitchen, I had a frozen chuck roast (not going there at 1:30 in the morning after Little Serow), and the following two ingredients: Laugh if you will, but try this, and then write to thank me. I'm calling it the Desperado because that's exactly what I was, scrounging up whatever I could. It's so good that I can't believe I pay anything more than $5 for any cocktail, anywhere.

One teaspoon Ciao Bella Lemon Zest Sorbet (from Harris-Teeter) well-stirred (no easy task) into straight-up Bulleitt 95 Rye (obviously, the less rye, the more sweet; the more rye, the less sweet). Get the balance right, and you've made yourself a really nice cocktail.

One teaspoon Ciao Bella Lemon Zest Sorbet (from Harris-Teeter) well-stirred (no easy task) into straight-up Bulleitt 95 Rye (obviously, the less rye, the more sweet; the more rye, the less sweet). Get the balance right, and you've made yourself a really nice cocktail.

This sounds suspiciously like the "official" Don Rockwell cocktail: Bourbon with a splash of Limoncello.