Christmas Desserts

AlliK

Anyone have favorites for Christmas desserts? Thanksgiving has always been easy to figure out with our family (pumpkin pie, pecan pie), but Christmas has been more up in the air. My mom and I like eggnog pie but the rest of the family isn't as keen on it.

Anyone have favorites for Christmas desserts?  Thanksgiving has always been easy to figure out with our family (pumpkin pie, pecan pie), but Christmas has been more up in the air.  My mom and I like eggnog pie but the rest of the family isn't as keen on it.

Pumpkin cheesecake or mousse, anything with apples (pie - maybe with caramel on the bottom, apple crisp, etc.) or perhaps a trifle.

More like a favorite Christmas sweet, cavicionetti are a staple with my family. They are fritters, similar in shape to an ravioli, with sweet dough, and filled with a mixture of chick peas, almonds, chocolate, plus a few other secret ingredients. Very different and very Abruzzese!

And that is what I will be doing in my kitchen tomorrow morning.

Guiness Stout Ginger Cake -- the recipe in _The Last Course_ by Claudia Fleming is a knockout. Amazing, intense ginger flavor and very moist. Some like it with whipped cream, some with vanilla ice cream.

I'll either be making that, or gingerbread to go with spiced ice cream and candied ginger compote.

Edited by Heather

Whaddya do with a bunch of eggs and a (slack-induced) lack of fresh fruit but some lemons and limes leftover by the bar? This year's supplemental dessert experiment has turned out to be a lemon curd sandwiched between two sheets of Pavlova meringue.

Will let you know how it turns out. And if my sister's in-laws survive the tasting tomorrow.