Restaurants near M St NW

wyoming

Greetings from Wyoming. I will be staying at the Westin Georgetown and would love any and all ideas for great dining. I am on a per diem so expensive is not in the equation. My group looks forward to my finding new eateries so I need your help. Any cuisine will work and we would love to walk or take public transit (metro or surface). Places I love are Dino, Bistro du Coin, 2 Amys to name a few. I am not into Fillomena!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rick

Those wacky Westin cut-ups, calling their hotel in the West End the Westin Georgetown. Anyway, you might do worse than Ris or Blue Duck Tavern. They're not exactly cheap, but nothing decent around there is. Circle Bistro is good and not terribly expensive. A little farther east, Malaysia Kopitiam serves interesting food and actually is cheap. Or I suppose you could walk over to actual Georgetown and dine at Bistro Français, which serves up unexciting but usually solid French bistro food at very reasonable prices.

Second vidalia for lunch or happy hour, once of the best deals going and the food is consistently good. since you are open to metro, all of dc and a chunk of th suburbs is accessible. So what is your per diem and what is tolerable travel time for you?

Since you wrote that you'd be fine taking public transit, there are a ton of great options within a few metro stops east and north. Maybe check the Washington DC Dining Guide here on dr.com (at the top from the home page) for spots listed highest under each neighborhood. Don lists the better places at the top of each list with bolding and italics for emphasis. Those rankings and preferences generally align with most who know the DC restaurant scene well. And you can click on each to get the thread with the discussion and specifics.

Those wacky Westin cut-ups, calling their hotel in the West End the Westin Georgetown. Anyway, you might do worse than Ris or Blue Duck Tavern. They're not exactly cheap, but nothing decent around there is.

I'm definitely not recommending this to anyone coming from Wyoming, but as a technical point (since you always correct my cartographical errors), I had a decent, inexpensive meal at The Bayou a couple of weeks ago.

wyoming, the more detailed information you can give, the more people here can help you.

Sigh ... all it takes is a five-minute conversation (1 minute to understand the situation, 2 minutes discussing the diner's likes, preferences, and requirements, 1 minute to discuss transportation, and 1 minute to wrap it all up), and I can tell anyone which restaurant(s) in the entire DC area would be the perfect fit for their given situation; not a close approximation, but the perfect fit. Think I'm just a little frustrated?

Earth, you have, at your disposal, a really creepy person - someone who has forsaken everything resembling a normal life in order to develop a mastery of the DC dining situation to help other people. Why? Because he's a masochist, that's why.

But ... people don't care enough to care, they don't know enough to know, and they can't see enough to see the difference between me and everyone else.

Maybe I should just become a hedonist and stop caring myself because it's pretty damned sad, all right. And unsustainable at my current level of expertise.

As a humorous side note, my mom's regular guilt-trip phrase was, "One day you'll appreciate me when I'm dead and gone," (it was always "dead and gone" - not just "dead," but "dead and gone"). Less humorous is that she was right. :(

Yeah I'm having a pity party so leave me alone.