Cajun Power Spicy Garlic Sauce: Hot Sauce to Divorce For!

Joe H

https://secure-102.portline.com/cajunpowersauce/product.cfm?p=08ACC870-CE2F-9693-07B4A2D87AF7248E

My wife and I went to LA in October and did our best to eat our way from NOLA to Lafayette. In between were stops at the Tabasco "factory" on Avery Island ("quotes because 90% of this is now made in Central America), Breaux Bridge and a half dozen other crossroads where Yankee is an unpronounced profane word.

We made friends and did our best to eat our way into oblivion. And the Weight Watchers "before" Hall of Fame." I also brought back over $200 worth of hot sauce. My intention was to buy out the Tabasco factory (8 year old $25 "Reserve"), Louisiana Gold Green and every other 3, 6 and 12 ounce bottle that nobody in the D. C. area has ever heard of. I singlehandedly cleared the shelves in Breaux Bridge and New Iberia!

Today, three months later, I have eaten it all. And, my wife won't come near me. Of course she shouldn't because of all the Tabasco, Jalapeno and Habanero peppers I've eaten with countless heads of garlic. But I've also done some serious research. Forty six different bottles of hot sauce later I am willing to pronounce a favorite. So much so that I just ordered another twelve bottles of it online.

Cajun Power Spicy Garlic Sauce. Unbelievable. Garlicky hot sauce that blows away even Tabsco's garlic hot sauce (unavailable in the D. C. area) and every other garlic hot sauce I have ever had. I brought back three bottles of it and before I could finish a single bottle of anything else the three bottles of this were gone.

Above is the link. For whatever credibility I have on this board:

1. I have no financial interest in Cajun Power spicy garlic sauce.

2. My wife won't come near me.

3. It IS the best hot sauce I have ever had in my life.

Wow. Flashbacks to Newcomb back when Tulane was decent enough to honor a dead woman's wishes. (Not that I'm bitter.)

I used to buy that stuff in college because we could put it on a baked potato and have a decent tasting "meal." So that's at least twenty-five years of manufacture. Just this week I saw a grad student in the lunchroom pouring Crystal on slices of bread, folding them, then eating them. I ate elsewhere, some things being best left to memory.

lperry, I hadn't even though about this on a baked potato...

But now that you mention it, yes!~!

I can imagine splitting the potato, several lumps of good butter and a couple (maybe a half dozen) spoonfuls of Cajun Power!

The kind of dinner I had in college...and, perhaps, the nursing home!

I tried Cajun Power sauce on a visit to New Orleans years ago. Foolishly, I only brought back one bottle. I have never been able to find it in this area. I might need to suck it up and buy some on line.

Truffles from Alba, spargel from Karlsruhe, garlic hot sauce from Abbeville....I wonder if I could trade a bottle or two of this in October in Italy?

Chatted with them on the phone, very nice folks, but be warned, they charge $10.75 for UPS shipping...so it's only worth ordering if you place a bulk order. However, they said their product is widely available in New Orleans, so if visiting it will be easy to find.

1. I have no financial interest in Cajun Power spicy garlic sauce.

2. My wife won't come near me.

3. It IS the best hot sauce I have ever had in my life.

I. LOVE. THAT. STUFF.

First time I had it was actually in Myrtle Beach, SC, at Beach Week for college. Couldn't find it for years, then a while ago was in NOLA and found out.

Last time I bought it I got it online at a hot sauce site - my shipping was nowhere near $10.75 and I got multiple bottles of it plus other stuff! I'll try to find the URL.

Right - hotsauce.com. (Correction: My shipping for 2 bottles of Cajun Power Garlic Sauce and 1 bottle of Ghost Pepper sauce was $8.98.)

I need more of it!

Chatted with them on the phone, very nice folks, but be warned, they charge $10.75 for UPS shipping...so it's only worth ordering if you place a bulk order. However, they said their product is widely available in New Orleans, so if visiting it will be easy to find.

Check out Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...27433770&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.co...27433770&sr=8-1

$6.99 or $5.49 shipping.

For those of you getting interested, I feel a warning is warranted. Please be aware that this isn't a regular "hot sauce." It is seriously garlicky. As in, my lord, what died in my mouth, garlicky. I had a much stronger constitution for that sort of thing back in college, but don't care for it all that much now.

Nineteen pounds (!?!) of hot sauce arriving tomorrow. Nineteen pounds!!!! Well, I bought a few bottles of baked bean syrup, also.

Shipped from Lafayette, too! Via half of the Southern states.

Shipped/Billed On: 01/20/2012 Type: Package Weight: 19.00 lbs

Shipment Progress

• What's This?

Location Date Local Time Activity Roanoke, VA, United States 01/24/2012 6:46 P.M. Arrival Scan Knoxville, TN, United States 01/24/2012 2:54 P.M. Departure Scan 01/24/2012 8:03 A.M. Arrival Scan Doraville, GA, United States 01/24/2012 4:05 A.M. Departure Scan Doraville, GA, United States 01/23/2012 7:31 P.M. Arrival Scan Montgomery, AL, United States 01/23/2012 2:40 P.M. Departure Scan 01/23/2012 9:36 A.M. Arrival Scan New Orleans, LA, United States 01/23/2012 4:46 A.M. Departure Scan New Orleans, LA, United States 01/21/2012 4:43 P.M. Arrival Scan Lafayette, LA, United States 01/20/2012 10:00 P.M. Departure Scan 01/20/2012 6:29 P.M. Origin Scan United States 01/20/2012 8:22 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I suspect this is going to be like wine, i.e. that I should let the 19 pound box sit for a few days before opening the first bottle.

I have twelve bottles of this now. If anyone is near Reston I'm willing to sell a few at cost ($5.00 or something like that) but you'll have to come by and pick it up.

I might be willing to throw in a glass of wine!

Send me a personal e-mail if you're interested.

This is embarassing. The twelve bottle case of this is now 28 hours old. I have used a full bottle. Sincere thanks to lPerry for telling me about their baked potato experiences in college. Last night I woke up with the munchies. Perhaps embarassingly I took a whole russet potato and nuked it for seven minutes. Then, some cheap margarine and about a quarter bottle of Cajun Power.

Wow! Incredibly good. Just, well, sleazy good: a real three in morning treat!

Of course when my binging was over and I returned to bed I was told to sleep facing the wall....