InFusion, Indian Fusion (Get It?) in Tysons Corner Center - Collided and Bound.

As you may recall from an earlier thread, I've been on a hunt to find a suitable replacement for the late, lamented Connaught Place, for my near-weekly Indian food fix.

The hunt didn't last long at all, because I keep going back to Infusion. Infusion was started a few months ago by the owners of Connaught (also the owners of the very good Raaga in Falls Church). The menu offers a lot of standard Indian dishes and a few Indian-inspired dishes. But most importantly, the chef from Connaught is there and is willing to prepare almost any dish from the old Connaught menu. (For that matter, he's been known to prepare dishes that are not on either menu, if you just know what to ask for.) And some of the staff is there, too, which means no matter what I order, they always bring me a little dish of paneer makhni, just because. cool.gif

Mostly I've gone for the lunchtime buffet, and I'm pleased to say everything I've tried is as good as - sometimes better than- Connaught's version. The buffet often has dishes not on the regular menu.

Some of the excellent offerings (I'm not going to describe them all): lamb rogan josh (which a friend swears is really more like a dahiwala, but it's good whatever they call it), palak chicken, dal makhani, chicken tikka, samosas, pakoras, tandoori lamb kabobs, dhaniya gosht, chana masala, lauki kofta (squash dumplings in tomato-onion sauce), kurkuri bhindi (fried okra), aloo papri... And the desserts! Outstanding gulab jamun, kulfi and mango kulfi, carrot halwa, but best of all: rasmalai. Not many restaurants serve rasmalai.

I'm not a shill, just a devotee. If your holiday shopping takes you to Tyson's Corner - heck, if you're in TC for any reason! - stop in for the lunch buffet or dinner. Spend lots of money here so that they're wildly successful and will never go away again. And do try the paneer makhni.

Infusion is on the outside of the mall, lower level near Hecht's and <shudder> Sbarro.

As you may recall from an earlier thread, I've been on a hunt to find a suitable replacement for the late, lamented Connaught Place, for my near-weekly Indian food fix.

'm not a shill, just a devotee.  If your holiday shopping takes you to Tyson's Corner - heck, if you're in TC for any reason! - stop in for the lunch buffet or dinner.  Spend lots of money here so that they're wildly successful and will never go away again.  And do try the paneer makhni.

Infusion is on the outside of the mall, lower level near Hecht's and <shudder> Sbarro.

I'm glad to hear someone has had better experiences there than my and my +1 have had. Perhaps they've changed substantially for the better since their opening days.

Reported to now be defunct?

Really? I wouldn't be surprised. They were never busy - and for a good reason. Though it started out great, it quickly slid into mediocrity. Last few times I went, even their best stand-out dishes (like paneer mahkni) were plain and tired.

Any word on the new venture in Chantilly?