Aguaymonto, Pollo a la Brasa (with Anticuchos) in Centreville

I've been keeping an eye on this space for a while since the old Scotto's Rigatoni Grill disapeared. I've seen the signs for Aguaymanto for some time but they hadn't opened yet. Last thursday I was cutting through the area on my way to Chipotle (having talked my son out of Chick'fil'e). As I droe by I noticed lights on here and hung a quick left to check it out.

I'm glad I did. They opened a few weeks ago. and they did a very good job of remodling space. The staff there was very nice and were especially kind to my rampaging 2 year old. We got carry out, a half a chicken with yuca and Seco con Frijole which was a Beef stew (with cliantro and garlic), beans and rice. Both dishes were quite good although the chicken was a little dry (probably the nature of the beast). Qhile we waited for the food they gave out a small bowl of freshly roasted corn (which was quite good). When the food was ready one of the managers even helped me carry the food to the car (as I was wrangling with the aforementioned 2 year old).

Anyways I am glad to have them around as they are on my way home and will likely be a regular addition to the carry out rotation.

Edited to add the website: www.aguaymantorestaurant.com

I've been keeping an eye on this space for a while since the old Scotto's Rigatoni Grill disapeared. I've seen the signs for Aguaymanto for some time but they hadn't opened yet. Last thursday I was cutting through the area on my way to Chipotle (having talked my son out of Chick'fil'e). As I droe by I noticed lights on here and hung a quick left to check it out.

I'm glad I did. They opened a few weeks ago. and they did a very good job of remodling space. The staff there was very nice and were especially kind to my rampaging 2 year old. We got carry out, a half a chicken with yuca and Seco con Frijole which was a Beef stew (with cliantro and garlic), beans and rice. Both dishes were quite good although the chicken was a little dry (probably the nature of the beast). Qhile we waited for the food they gave out a small bowl of freshly roasted corn (which was quite good). When the food was ready one of the managers even helped me carry the food to the car (as I was wrangling with the aforementioned 2 year old).

Anyways I am glad to have them around as they are on my way home and will likely be a regular addition to the carry out rotation.

Edited to add the website: www.aguaymantorestaurant.com

Sounds promising, but what is the fusion aspect of the menu? And how was the yuca? My twins love yuca!

Sounds promising, but what is the fusion aspect of the menu? And how was the yuca? My twins love yuca!

I had lunch there last week and left less than impressed. Besides the rotisserie chicken the rest of the menu caters to the dinner crowd with large entrees. I ended up ordering a steak that was served over a ton of white rice with some beans. Steak was over-cooked and rather tough. I guess I could have ordered better. Hopefully they update the menu to offer some better lunch deals.

BTW, if you trust Yelp the place gets 5 stars from just about everyone. rolleyes.gif

Also, Scotto's Riggatoni Grill is closed. It is being replaced by an Argentinian place.

We went to Foster's the other night. Before walking in, I went by Aguaymanto to look at the menu. It's Peruvian. Menu looked good and prices looked very reasonable.

The place was empty and the owner (I assume) came out to invite us in. We told him we had told the kids we were going for burgers, but that we'd try his place sometime. He then went straight to "You don't like, then you don't pay." I think they really need the business.

I think we're going to try it out for lunch tomorrow.

While Aguaymanto was empty and they were begging for business Tuesday night, they had a decent Friday lunch crowd. Wife and I each ordered the $5.99 lunch special. It was a quarter chicken, salad, and fries (french or yuca). It was served with that spicy green dipping sauce and the white mayonnaise-based sauce. At that price, I really have nothing to complain about. The chicken (I chose white meat) was very moist, but could use some more seasoning. The $5.99 price included a soda. I'll go back. I'm a sucker for low-cost meals!

The waitress, who possibly was waitressing for the first time, said they have karaoke and wine tasting Friday nights.

Can anyone get this website to work? I get the blue question mark thing.

Also, should this be considered Centreville even though it's technically Chantilly?

Not that I'm home at 11 PM on a Friday night working on the dining guide or anything. :unsure:

Nope. Website's the problem. Blue question mark just in Safari. Non-responsive black screens in IE and Firefox.

Not that we didn't just get back from a nice dinner at Palena or anything ;)

Has anyone been here recently? The website is working and it sounds promising.

They claim to be in Chantilly. I live in Fairfax yet I haven't the foggiest where one town ends and another begins. I generally just think in terms of "do I take the shitty Fairfax County Pkwy, or the hellish 66, or is it on nightmare 50, etc.?" And how do I keep Sunrise Valley Dr vs Sunset Hills Rd straight in my head?

It's Aguaymanto, not Aguamonto! We ate there about two months ago, for the first time. Thought it was good and worth trying again. Several unusual menu items you won't see at the local Peruvian pollo establishments. I'd say give it a shot. I think I yelped it at 4 stars.

It's right off 28 about a mile south of 50. We call that area Westfields.

Has anyone been here recently? The website is working and it sounds promising.

They claim to be in Chantilly. I live in Fairfax yet I haven't the foggiest where one town ends and another begins. I generally just think in terms of "do I take the shitty Fairfax County Pkwy, or the hellish 66, or is it on nightmare 50, etc.?" And how do I keep Sunrise Valley Dr vs Sunset Hills Rd straight in my head?

As someone who grew up in the general vicinity, this is my understanding:

Going west, Stringfellow Road is where Fairfax  turns into Chantilly/Centreville.

If it's on/near 50, it's Chantilly.

If it's on/near 29, it's Centreville. (Which isn't counting that Union Mill? plaza  which considers itself Clifton...)

As for the stuff in the middle, it mostly depends on age. If it's older, it's Chantilly, if it's newer is Centreville. (Westfields is harder for me because I am old enough to remember when there was nothing there...)

If you're coming from the Fairfax/Chantilly/Centreville direction (driving north-ish) into Reston, Sunrise Valley comes before Sunset Hills because sunrise comes before sunset in the day.

(Sorry this was totally unrelated to the conversation, but I will check out Aguaymanto next time I'm in the area.)