Twenty-Dollar Tuesdays

Mrs. B

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few of us who can't make the 22nd are talking about this coming Tuesday, the 15th instead.

Wow! Ethiopian Trifecta (Nov 15, 22 & 29) - this is shaping up to be as much fun as this summer's TemptAsian lunch-athon!

Can't make the 22nd, but two out of three ain't bad.

Wow! Ethiopian Trifecta (Nov 15, 22 & 29) - this is shaping up to be as much fun as this summer's TemptAsian lunch-athon!

Can't make the 22nd, but two out of three ain't bad.

Speaking of Temptasian.... anybody up for a 20 buck Tuesday there on December 6?

Some spicy consolation for those who aren't going to Ray's on the 5th (whether by your own choice or not) :lol:

Speaking of Temptasian.... anybody up for a 20 buck Tuesday there on December 6?

Some spicy consolation for those who aren't going to Ray's on the 5th (whether by your own choice or not)  :P

How about we change the day of the week up and do something (except Ethiopian) on say a Thursday so I can show up! :lol: How about the Peruvian place?

How about we change the day of the week up and do something (except Ethiopian) on say a Thursday so I can show up! :lol:   How about the Peruvian place?

If I'm parsing this thread correctly, you're suggesting El Chalan on Thursday December 8th? Count me in, but it's gotta be on the late side - I couldn't get downtown before 6:30 or 7.

If I'm parsing this thread correctly, you're suggesting El Chalan on Thursday December 8th? Count me in, but it's gotta be on the late side - I couldn't get downtown before 6:30 or 7.

If you are parsing correctly you must have been taking notes! :lol: Alright it is El Chalan on Thursday Dec. 8th.

I can make the 8th and would like to go, but I will seed my chair for someone who is not able to go to Ray's if that is a problem.

Does that make sense? Oh well, I am in, but I will be out of town from the 18-29th

Scott

If you are parsing correctly you must have been taking notes!  :lol: Alright it is El Chalan on Thursday Dec. 8th.

Horray! Finally I can go! Incidentally, I'd like to go to the Ethopian thing if possible...we have a final date for that?

Edited for :P

Edited by shogun

For a weeknight - those who work downtown might go right after work at 5, 5:30, 6. I live in the close-in suburbs, but unless I telecommute, the office is in Baltimore...

This reminds me: If anyone is ever interested in doing one of these at 8:30 or 9, I would be interested in joining. Unfortunately, my schedule is not conducive to earlier events.

Just to bump this up - I had proposed, and a number of people expressed interest in - going to Sodere tomorrow night. But I then found out that I needed to be out of town for work tomorrow.

So I just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware that I haven't done any prep work for this. I still want to do it soemtime, but tomorrow won't be the time for me. I hope everyone else that wants to still does though.

OK - let's try it again.  Sodere on Tuesday the 29th.  Who's in?

Once we have a list, say on Friday, I'll call the restaurant to make sure they can handle us.  I'd also assume that some people gone for the weekend might want to join in too.

I am. Mr P may be as well.

OK - let's try it again.  Sodere on Tuesday the 29th.  Who's in?

Once we have a list, say on Friday, I'll call the restaurant to make sure they can handle us.  I'd also assume that some people gone for the weekend might want to join in too.

So, are we a go or no for tonight?

I will try to be there by 6:30 to get a table - right now I think we're only looking at 4, as jenrus has bailed on me.

Not sure there will be a line out the door here on a rainy Tuesday. Let me know if you find the lone bottle of Dom Perignon sitting on the shelf behind the bar as strangely out-of-place as I do (it's probably safe to say it hasn't been sold).

Cheers,

Rocks.

P.S. They have an Ethiopian beer - Harrar, I think - that isn't bad.

P.P.S. The caramelized onions in the doro wat are awesome. I really enjoyed #3 the beef wat too - here's the menu

How was it?

It wasn't. Mr. P and I got in traffic so bad that we bailed when it was clear we'd be more than an hour late. Bilrus toughed out the traffic for two hours to find that Sodere was closed! so he ate at Etete. And Lydia R was there mostly on time, but it was still closed, of course. D'oh!

Note to anyone planning future events: call first to confirm that restaurant will be open; get cell phone numbers of other people so you can apologize in real time for not showing when fucked by traffic.

<banging head>

We may try again in a week or two.

Edited by porcupine

Note to anyone planning future events: call first to confirm that restaurant will be open; get cell phone numbers of other people so you can apologize in real time for not showing when fucked by traffic.

I'll take the heat for that screw-up. (Lydia even gave me her cell phone and I left it sitting on my desk) :lol: .

Never occurred to me that they would be closed and I figured they'd be able to get four in, no problem, at that time. If only the doors were opened.

I'll take the heat for that screw-up.  (Lydia even gave me her cell phone and I left it sitting on my desk) :lol: . 

Never occurred to me that they would be closed and I figured they'd be able to get four in, no problem, at that time.  If only the doors were opened.

I didn't mean to blame you. I just figure next time, better paranoid than disappointed.

El Chalan is at 1924 Eye St. NW. There are some garages in that neighborhood, but not a lot of street parking. Just a few steps from Farragut West.

7pm?

7pm sounds good to me. Will have to stop by FF for a pre-dinner cocktail.

This could make it a really easy $20 'Tuesday'.

post-37-1133409828_thumb.gif

Edited by mdt