Mrs. B

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS:

Anyone who wants to join is always welcome! Post here or PM me for updates.

Tuesday, 10/31, 6p, Bebo

JoeH

Jacques Gastreaux

crazeegirl

+ others, I'm sure...

Tuesday, 11/7, 7p, Woodlands

MD:

legant

VA:

mdt

catharine

rkduggins

Tuesday 11/14, 7p, Pizza and Beer at Birreria Paradiso

DanielK

mdt

jmchen

Scott Johnson +1

TedE

alan7147

Xochitl10

Tuesday 11/21, time and place TBD <Peking Duck>

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

DanielK

cucas87

Scott Johnson

Tuesday 11/28, 7p, Flavors

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

catharine

cucas87

Scott Johnson +1

hm212

I can't do 11/7 after all. Maybe we could reschedule it for some time in December?

I had to back out as well - that whole week turns out bad for me. If we get no other takers on the MD side, we can try again in December.

Also, we have to add the repeat visit to Addis Ababa somewhere in there, so we avoid the wrath of xcanuck! And this time we order kitfo!

I want to thank Daniel, Escoffier and everyone else who has put in the time to organize the $20 Tuesday dinners. They have taken on a life of their own and it is fabulous to see all of the new places as well as sacred cows you are hitting.

If anyone is interested in doing something a bit more formal, where the restaurant knows we are coming (other than a reservation) and works with us (you :) ) on a menu let me know and we can work together to set it up!

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS:

MD:

legant

VA:

mdt

catharine

rkduggins

I would say the MD gathering is dead - are the VA folks still on with a crowd of 3?

Tuesday 11/14, 7p, Pizza and Beer at Birreria Paradiso

DanielK

mdt

jmchen

Scott Johnson +1

TedE

alan7147

Xochitl10

flygirl

BP runs half-price food and beer specials from 5-7, so some folks are arriving early.

Tuesday 11/21, time and place TBD <Peking Duck>

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

DanielK

cucas87

Scott Johnson

flygirl

Conversations elsewhere seem to be steering this to Spices in Cleveland Park - does that seem ok?

Tuesday 11/28, 7p, Flavors

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

catharine

cucas87

Scott Johnson +1

hm212

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS:

MD:

legant

VA:

mdt

catharine

rkduggins

I would say the MD gathering is dead - are the VA folks still on with a crowd of 3?

I'm still game, too!

Woodlands Nov. 7th

From the sole Maryland participant: Nooooo! Besides, my travel visa to the Commonwealth has been suspended. :)

I thought (??) there was talk of trying to reschedule the MD Woodlands trip for December? (Ok, not that I've done anything about it.) I was interested in going on the Woodlands trip tomorrow (but, admittedly never RSVP-ed) and then when it got cancelled figured I would just bide my time until another one was scheduled...

I thought (??) there was talk of trying to reschedule the MD Woodlands trip for December? (Ok, not that I've done anything about it.) I was interested in going on the Woodlands trip tomorrow (but, admittedly never RSVP-ed) and then when it got cancelled figured I would just bide my time until another one was scheduled...
Smokey, since you are interested, why don't you suggest a date? There's really nobody in particular who schedules these dinners. :)

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS:

Tuesday 11/14, 7p, Pizza and Beer at Birreria Paradiso (Georgetown)

DanielK

mdt

jmchen

TedE

alan7147

Xochitl10

flygirl

BP runs half-price food and beer specials from 5-7, so some folks are arriving early.

Tuesday 11/21, 7p, the alternate Turkey dinner, Peking Duck at Spices (Cleveland Park)

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

DanielK

cucas87

Scott Johnson

flygirl

synaesthesia

StephenB

legant

Tuesday 11/28, 7p, Better Than Leftovers at Flavors (Falls Church)

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

catharine

cucas87

Scott Johnson +1

hm212

Tuesday 11/14, 7p, Pizza and Beer at Birreria Paradiso (Georgetown)

Sorry, I've got to drop out for tonight. I'm feeling under the weather, and unfortunately I don't think an Atomica washed down with Delirium Tremens is the path to getting back on my feet. Y'all have a good time.

Tonight's $20 Tuesday might be kinda light; here are the people who HAVEN'T cancelled:

DanielK

TedE

alan7147

Xochitl10

flygirl

I'll be arriving around 6:30, give or take 10 minutes. Black suede coat and a laptop case...

Not as light as the 3 we had at Woodlands. :) Smaller group means more chance of actually getting a seat at the bar.

Tonight's $20 Tuesday might be kinda light; here are the people who HAVEN'T cancelled:

DanielK

TedE

alan7147

Xochitl10

flygirl

I'll be arriving around 6:30, give or take 10 minutes. Black suede coat and a laptop case...

Let me subtract from that list .... sorry, no go tonight for me

UPCOMING $20 TUESDAYS:

Tuesday 11/21, 7p, the alternate Turkey dinner, Peking Duck at Spices (Cleveland Park)

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

DanielK

cucas87

Scott Johnson

flygirl

synaesthesia

StephenB

legant

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

catharine

cucas87

Scott Johnson +1

hm212

REMINDER: TOMORROW'S $20 TUESDAY:

Anyone who wants to join is welcome! Post here or PM me.

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

DanielK

cucas87

Scott Johnson

flygirl

synaesthesia

StephenB

legant

please bring cash!!

Spices Restaurant

3333A Connecticut Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20008

686-3833

Mon.-Sat. 11:30 AM-3 PM/5-11 PM; Sun. 5-11PM

Asian cuisine - Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Vietnamese & Korean

Thread http://www.donrockwell.com/index.php?showtopic=236&hl=Spices

REMINDER: TOMORROW'S $20 TUESDAY:

Anyone who wants to join is welcome! Post here or PM me.

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

DanielK

cucas87

Scott Johnson

flygirl

synaesthesia

StephenB

legant

please bring cash!!

Asian cuisine - Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Indonesian, Vietnamese & Korean
That's really scary! Usually when you see something like that, it means they don't do any of them very well or even good (I hope the language police pardon me for that statement. There are 20 different styles of cooking in that statement).

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

catharine

cucas87

Scott Johnson +1

hm212

Now that you've had roasted turkey, boiled turkey, turkey au gratin, turkey hash, and possibly turkey on a stick, it's time for something totally different. Flavors is one of the best soul food places in NoVA (don't let that scare you, it's actually easy to find). There is plenty of room for more to join us in this fried chicken, fried trout, fried whiting (detect a trend here?), mac and cheese, collard greens and corn bread eating Tuesday. Come join us on Tuesday.

FLAVORS SOUL FOOD

3420 Carlyn Hill Drive

Falls Church, VA 22041

Phone: 703 379-4411

Tuesday 11/28, 7p, Better Than Leftovers. Fried Chicken at Flavors (Falls Church)

Tuesday is rapidly approaching. We'll be congregating at Flavors tomorrow evening at 7:00pm. Along with some of the finest fried chicken you have ever eaten, there happens to be a full bar. If anyone needs a ride or directions, please let me know before 4:00pm Tuesday. Following are the people who plan on attending. If you'd like to join us, come on down.

Grover

Escoffier

rkduggins

catharine

cucas87

Scott Johnson +1

hm212

I think that I will be returning from Fairfax right around that time and given the fact that I cannot resist the allure of chicken, collard greens or good mac and cheese, I just may have to make a pit stop and join you folks for some grub, that's if I'm allowed :P
Everyone is more than welcome. Come on by. I'm sure there will be enough fried chicken for everybody.

Everyone is more than welcome. Come on by. I'm sure there will be enough fried chicken for everybody.

Just a reminder that if you order fried chicken it takes at least 20 minutes as they fry it fresh. Not sure what will happen if most of you order it. :P