DanielK

RaisaB +1

ustreetguy

bilrus

Tweaked

Scott Johnston

cucas87

MBK

And we're full already! If anyone else wants to go maybe we could do another night?

I'm interested in Peking Cheers. I'll let you know if I can make it. Thanks for setting up, regardless.
mwahahahaha - a n00b! Just joking. We're mostly normal. But, DanielK - I have to bail on this one.

Don't worry, Ottello is a seasoned vetran. He goes back to atleast the first big dinner I ever did over on eGullet.

REMINDER THIS WEEK: $20 MONDAY, 7PM

Peking Cheers

519 Quince Orchard Rd

Gaithersburg, MD

Table for 10 under the name "Daniel"

Not too late to join in! Send a PM if you want to join us.

Easy directions: From I-270, take Exit 10, and make a right on Diamond. A few blocks down, make a right on Quince Orchard. Restaurant in a strip mall on the right.

I'm still in for Peking Cheers. Of course, this means that I'm going to have to stay at work until 7pm. No sense in going home all the way to SS only to drive back a few minutes later.

I stopped in there for a take out lunch on Friday and ordered the Fried Silver Anchovy Rice. I've seen the dried anchovies in Asian markets before and there are several different sizes. They used the absolute smallest ones I've ever seen - about 1/4" in length. To be honest, they didn't add as much flavour as I hoped for. Also, the rice seemed burned. I think they rushed the order, or didn't stir it frequently enough. But some of the rice was barely cooked while other bits were burned. The guy taking my phone order didn't understand what I was asking for so it had to be cooked after I arrived to pick it up. Maybe the rush to get the order out caused the poor cooking. I'm hoping for much better tonite.

I just hope someone will join me in ordering the "interesting" stuff. I'm dying to try things like the spicy shredded port tripe, beef tendon w hot sauce, and spicy chicken gizzards.

DanielK - is the tea smoked duck (half) for 9.95 the one you've been recommending? Is that something you need to order in advance?

DanielK - is the tea smoked duck (half) for 9.95 the one you've been recommending? Is that something you need to order in advance?

Nope - they have a traditional Peking Duck, crispy skin, pancakes, scallions, sauce, etc. carved tableside. For as long as I can remember (10+ years), it's been $10.95, eat-in only, Sunday-Thursday. The menu has always had a higher price (closer to the $20-$30 typically seen in this area), but the special was indicated by a poster on the wall.

No idea if this special continues with the new chef. We'll find out tonight!

For the Mandu dinner on Feb 20, I would like to confirm that everyone who signed up is coming. Please let me know if your schedule has changed and you won't be able to make it. I'm going to phone the restaurant on Feb 12th and let them know how many people to expect.

For the Mandu dinner on Feb 20, I would like to confirm that everyone who signed up is coming. Please let me know if your schedule has changed and you won't be able to make it. I'm going to phone the restaurant on Feb 12th and let them know how many people to expect.

I'm still in. Grover, did you have luck in modifying Danny's proposed group menu? And do we have a time for the dinner set?

The last post in this topic listed the following as the attendance:

ferment everything

deangold +1

DanielK

cucas87

eating out

Dame Edna

Barbara

politburo

purplesachi

alan7147

vinist

Scott Johnston

Escoffier

grover

rkduggins

I just spoke to Danny at Mandu and all arrangements are in place for our dinner there on Tuesday the 20th of February. We look forward to seeing everyone and think you'll really enjoy the food. Dinner will be at 7:00pm but we'll be there around 6:30 to check out the drink selection at the bar.

Just a reminder of this week's $20 Tuesday at Mandu! Drinks at 6:30, dinner at 7. Dinner is $20 before tax and tip - please bring cash - $26 plus drinks.

I think there are a couple of open spots, so please PM Grover if you want to join. And anyone who was on the list but won't be attending, please let Grover know.

See you all there!

The last post in this topic listed the following as the attendance:

ferment everything

deangold +1

DanielK

cucas87

eating out

Dame Edna

Barbara

politburo

purplesachi

alan7147

vinist

Scott Johnston

Escoffier

grover

rkduggins

Just a reminder of this week's $20 Tuesday at Mandu! Drinks at 6:30, dinner at 7. Dinner is $20 before tax and tip - please bring cash - $26 plus drinks.

I think there are a couple of open spots, so please PM Grover if you want to join. And anyone who was on the list but won't be attending, please let Grover know.

See you all there!

There were at least 2 spots open as Kay and I had to cancell due to a change in work schedule.

Just a reminder that there is a $20 Tuesday next week, on the 27th, at Bombay Currey Company. We will be dining at 7:00. Following is a list of those who have signed up. Because the restaurant is somewhat small, there is a waiting list. So if you are on the list but find you are unable to attend, please let me know.

Jacques Gastreaux

cucas87

crackers

Capital Icebox

mdt

mktye +1

ustreetguy

CrescentFresh +1

MBK

Catharine

Tired of the cold and snow???? Want to take a comfort food break????

DanielK and I are arranging a $20 dollar dinner in the private room at China Bistro in Rockville on Wednesday, March 21st at 7:30 PM. China Bistro specializes in homemade dumplings and some great chinese side dishes This dinner should run no more than $14-$17 dollars including tip, tax, and food. Drinks, including bubble tea are extra (water and hot tea will be included). I am happy to provide round trip transportation to the Rockville Metro. We can accommodate up to 16 people. This is a great event for newbes and lurkers!

Vegetable Dumplings and Vegetable Triple Dumplings with chive, egg, and bean curd. Lots of seafood, beef, and pork options too.

China Bistro

700 Hungerford Drive

Rockville, MD 20850

301-294-0808

Here is the China Bistro thread: http://www.donrockwell.com/index.php?showt...hl=china+bistro

PM DanielK or I, or leave a message on the board.

Here is the final list for tomorrow's event at Bombay Curry Company. The restaurant will be serving us "family style" with some favorites identified by the attendees. I can't wait. If you can't make it, please let me know.

Jacques Gastreaux

cucas87

crackers

Capital Icebox

mdt

mktye +1

ustreetguy

CrescentFresh +1

MBK

Catharine

Masticator

Here is the final list for tomorrow's event at Bombay Curry Company. The restaurant will be serving us "family style" with some favorites identified by the attendees. I can't wait. If you can't make it, please let me know.

Jacques Gastreaux

cucas87

crackers

Capital Icebox

mdt

mktye +1

ustreetguy

CrescentFresh +1

MBK

Catharine

Masticator

Bummer! I just saw the list of Dr folks. I'm out in Herndon tomorrow all-day. have a good time!