Twenty-Dollar Tuesdays

Mrs. B

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any interest in a $20 dinner at Malaysia Koptium on Friday, May 27 (preceeding Memorial Day 3 day wkend.)  If it's not convenient for a lot of folks who plan to be out of town, can we do it on another Friday?

Going to be viewing Dali works and checking out the food scene in Philly. I vote to do it another weekend.

I'd like to propose a "cheap eats" excursion next week to the Del Ray section of Alexandria. The event would start off with a cheap eats dinner at Taqueria Poblano, followed by dessert at the Del Ray Dreamery (frozen custard) and a tour of cheesetique. All of these places are within a couple of short blocks of one another. Is anyone interested?

I think we could probably keep this well within the $20 parameter (unless you want a couple of margaritas with your fish tacos).

Edited to add: A tour of Cheesetique might be difficult as they close at 7.

Edited by Jacques Gastreaux

It looks like at least a handful of us are available on Thursday of next week. Why don;t we plan on meeting at Cheesetique at around 6:30. It should take us only about 15-20 mintues to completely wipe them out of free samples. Then we can walk across the street to Taqueria Poblano. I think we ought to be able to get Nadya out of there by 8:00, she might have to miss the foray into the Dreamery if she runs short on time. How's that for a plan?

It looks like at least a handful of us are available on Thursday of next week.  Why don;t we plan on meeting at Cheesetique at around 6:30.  It should take us only about 15-20 mintues to completely wipe them out of free samples.  Then we can walk across the street to Taqueria Poblano.  I think we ought to be able to get Nadya out of there by 8:00, she might have to miss the foray into the Dreamery if she runs short on time.  How's that for a plan?

Sounds good! If I miss the Dreamery, well, I shall be devastated, but that's half a pound of arse less on ice, you know what I'm sayin'? I get out of work at 5, so I can be there even before 6.30.

Edited by Nadya

This is all still happening, right?  I don't want to show up and have to eat all the cheese samples myself. :lol:

Rrrrrrrrrrr, got class Thursday so I am going to miss out. Well I may just have to head to TP for lunch tomorrow...

This is all still happening, right?  I don't want to show up and have to eat all the cheese samples myself. :lol:
We're still planning on it, so we'll be there to help you out with the cheese even if no one else shows... ;)

I have alerted Jill Erber at Cheeseique to the food terrorist attack schedule at her place Thursday evening.  She promised to have the place properly barricaded.

If we send a light diversionary force in the door and to the left, over by the meat fridge, we may be able to distract them long enough for an overpowering frontal assault on the main cheese display.

If we send a light diversionary force in the door and to the left, over by the meat fridge, we may be able to distract them long enough for an overpowering frontal assault on the main cheese display.

Have you all stopped by the armory to stock up on cracker APCs and toothpick f-16s? I will be AWOL, unfortunately, for a haircut at 6:15. Best not to anger the stylist...

It looks like at least a handful of us are available on Thursday of next week.  Why don;t we plan on meeting at Cheesetique at around 6:30.  It should take us only about 15-20 mintues to completely wipe them out of free samples.  Then we can walk across the street to Taqueria Poblano.  I think we ought to be able to get Nadya out of there by 8:00, she might have to miss the foray into the Dreamery if she runs short on time.  How's that for a plan?

I performed a recon mission this afternoon and staked out Cheesetique from the patio at TP. :lol: While there I enjoyed a steak and 2 fish tacos.

After my post on the patio at TP I wandered over to the Dreamery to test out the flavor of the day, Banana Pudding. It was good and comes with nilla wafers!

;) Everything looks like it should be a go for this evening as they do not suspect a thing! Enjoy! :P

I would most likely go.  I'd need to head home to Crystal City first, though, to extract my car.  Does anyone have recommendations on the best way to get there at that hour from the VA side of the river?

Snake your way up the GW Parkway (or Route 110) toward the Key Bridge, cross and turn left, hang a right on Foxhall Road, then a left on MacArthur Boulevard.

The D4 runs a similar route throughout the day. If transportation is holding anyone back I am sure we cab work something out. A word of warning, MacArthurs Blvd. is full of speed traps. There's nothing like coming home to 2 $100 speeding tickets you got 'cause you were late for a date at Kotobu :lol: ki

The D4 runs a similar route throughout the day.  If transportation is holding anyone back I am sure we cab work something out.  A word of warning, MacArthurs Blvd.  is full of speed traps.  There's nothing like coming home to 2 $100 speeding tickets you got 'cause you were late for a date at Kotobu :lol: ki

Kind of makes you greatful for the inexpensive eats! ;)

The D4 runs a similar route throughout the day.  If transportation is holding anyone back I am sure we cab work something out.  A word of warning, MacArthurs Blvd.  is full of speed traps.  There's nothing like coming home to 2 $100 speeding tickets you got 'cause you were late for a date at Kotobu ;) ki

I got one in the mail a few weeks back driving to lunch at Blacksalt. :lol:

The D4 runs a similar route throughout the day.  If transportation is holding anyone back I am sure we cab work something out.  A word of warning, MacArthurs Blvd.  is full of speed traps.  There's nothing like coming home to 2 $100 speeding tickets you got 'cause you were late for a date at Kotobu :lol: ki

I got nailed one evening on my way home from Blacksalt. Lucky to only get a warning in the mail though. I think I was going 55 in a 35.

I got nailed one evening on my way home from Blacksalt. Lucky to only get a warning in the mail though. I think I was going 55 in a 35.

Oh great. I'll be checking the mail with baited breath. Figures, the rare moment I actually decide to drive on a Saturday night and I forget my destination is full of those darned cameras.

Oh great. I'll be checking the mail with baited breath. Figures, the rare moment I actually decide to drive on a Saturday night and I forget my destination is full of those darned cameras.

I got one of those for speeding on MacArthur Blvd in that same area. And I got one the other day for speeding on 16th St, on my way to have a bbq lunch with stretch.

Ok! Now we know who like to drive with the pedal to the metal. :lol: Back on topic, who is up for dinner tomorrow night at Kotobuki?

Is this too short notice? Should we try for Thursday night instead?

Ok!  Now we know who like to drive with the pedal to the metal.  :lol: Back on topic, who is up for dinner tomorrow night at Kotobuki?

Is this too short notice?  Should we try for Thursday night instead?

If you do Thursday I might be able to go. ;) Tomorrow I am taking Emma and a friend to the library.

Ok!  Now we know who like to drive with the pedal to the metal.  :lol: Back on topic, who is up for dinner tomorrow night at Kotobuki?

Is this too short notice?  Should we try for Thursday night instead?

Tuesday or Thursday is fine with me. Although Thursday I'd be coming straight from the Nationals game all junked up on Miller Genuine Draft and "snouts in casing." ;)

Well it looks like it is 50/50 for each night so I will make the command decision for doing it Tuesday (6/28) night @ 630p.

So far it looks like:

MelGold

mdt

CrescentFresh

Anyone else?

I'm as good with decisions as Neville Chamberlain, so I'd like to thank you, Mike, for letting me know if I'm going to the ATM tomorrow. :lol:

If it is just going to be me, you and MelGold, we should PM about transportation (we're all VA-tied, yes?) so we can all split one speeding ticket instead of getting three! And if folks say we do it on Thursday, I can be convinced......

It occurs to me that $20 Tuesdays coincides with"late" HH at David Greggory.  Does HH count?  Is it possible to spend $20 or less at DG?

More importantly, anyone interested?

I've no idea how expensive their cocktails are, but it certainly seems feasible to get a decent bite to eat based on their HH menu.

And DG's also pretty easily gotten too from my work... hmmm...

They get my vote! :P

Edited by Principia