Mrs. B

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tiffin, 1341 University Blvd, Takoma Park, Tuesday 5/29, 7:30 PM

The perils of parenthood...we've now got a conflict on Tuesday 5/29. I'd say to go without us, but we had offered a couple of people rides from the metro. Is it possible to reschedule? I could do Wednesday 5/30, Thursday 5/31, or the following Tuesday, 6/5.

Or alternately, if anyone who lives close to Takoma want to take over car pool arrangments, let me know.

The perils of parenthood...we've now got a conflict on Tuesday 5/29. I'd say to go without us, but we had offered a couple of people rides from the metro. Is it possible to reschedule? I could do Wednesday 5/30, Thursday 5/31, or the following Tuesday, 6/5.
5/30 would work for me but not for Lisa (she has a hockey game). We're on our way to a hockey tournament on 5/31.

How about Da Rae Won on THURSDAY May 24....

Insanely good hand pulled noodles

Fried Chicken Wing

Sizzling Rize seafood

Shredded stuff in searlingly hot mustard dressing

Fried Mandoo that look like small fists stuffed with luscious bits of animal parts galore!

This is Korean style Chinese.... neither Korean nor Chinese. The beer is cold, the food abundant and very good, the crowds are usually large groups of Asians chowing down on huge platters of food...

Garrett Avenue just off Rt 1 north of 212 (or Behnke's) and south of the MVA.

So far:

Kay & Dean

Daniel

Legant

Jeff C +1

grover +1

cucas87

rkduggins

synaesthesia

Dean, are we planning on 7:30 for dinner Thursday?

I'm now a maybe, but almost definitely won't be bringing the kids. Late meeting at work will mean I'm heading straight to Beltsville from the office. That also means that you shouldn't count on me for Metro carpools - can someone else pick that up?

Dean, are we planning on 7:30 for dinner Thursday?

I'm now a maybe, but almost definitely won't be bringing the kids. Late meeting at work will mean I'm heading straight to Beltsville from the office. That also means that you shouldn't count on me for Metro carpools - can someone else pick that up?

DInner at 7:30, but a new development...

Kay and I cannot make it and Jeff C is also out.

Still in:

Daniel

Legant

grover +1

cucas87

rkduggins

synaesthesia

Still a goodly group. I will try to schedule a second dinner later on for those of us who could not make it to start with or had to drop out. Sorry about this. Grover made a reservation but now it needs to be reduced. Cuscas & Legant need a ride, we were going to pick them up at Silver Spring.

Sorry!

Tiffin, 1341 University Blvd, Takoma Park, Tuesday 5/29, 7:30 PM

Or alternately, if anyone who lives close to Takoma want to take over car pool arrangments, let me know.

No one weighed in on a date change except xcanuck. I am going to propose changing this to Tuesday, 6/5, at 7:30. Let me know if you can still go on the new date. Thanks! :blink:

No one weighed in on a date change except xcanuck. I am going to propose changing this to Tuesday, 6/5, at 7:30. Let me know if you can still go on the new date. Thanks! :blink:
I'm tentatively good for 6/5 but that could change. My teams' hockey schedules come out this week and that'll determine my availability. Lisa is out - already has a game that night.

Sorry I am out for the 29th at Tiffin as well. I could do the 30th or 31st, or if no one objects, I was thinking of posting a $20 dollar event for one of those nights at the new Sunflower location or Hong Kong Palace in Seven Corners.

Well, maybe I should keep the original date, Tuesday 5/29, and ask someone else to handle the carpool arrangements from Takoma metro.

DInner at 7:30, but a new development...

Kay and I cannot make it and Jeff C is also out.

Still in:

Daniel

Legant

grover +1

cucas87

rkduggins

synaesthesia

Still a goodly group. I will try to schedule a second dinner later on for those of us who could not make it to start with or had to drop out. Sorry about this. Grover made a reservation but now it needs to be reduced. Cuscas & Legant need a ride, we were going to pick them up at Silver Spring.

Sorry!

I really want to try this place with you guys - but I'll be in Bethesda until 6:30. How ridiculous of a trek (by car) is it from there? I will be interested in a second date if one is proposed, for sure.

Thanks.

I really want to try this place with you guys - but I'll be in Bethesda until 6:30. How ridiculous of a trek (by car) is it from there? I will be interested in a second date if one is proposed, for sure.

Thanks.

Well I'm going to have cut out on this one. Does anyone want to call it?

Note new date!

Tiffin, 1341 University Blvd, Takoma Park, Tuesday 6/5, 7:30 PM

Anyone else?

I meant to add that we are still able to offer transportation to and from the Takoma metro for four people.

And here's one vote for Bob's Noodle 66.

Anyone up for a Chinese food fest soon? Either Bob's Noodle or Joe's?

I vite for Bob's Shabu sans the Shabu. They are doing som re pretty interesting stuff on the menu there. Lion's Head sepecially but we have had a number of really good cooked dishes there.

Note new date!

Tiffin, 1341 University Blvd, Takoma Park, Tuesday 6/5, 7:30 PM

--snip snip snip---

Anyone else?

I'm still in but Lisa is out.

ps...had THE worst Indian food EVER in Manchester, NH this weekend. Need something good to compensate it.

I vite for Bob's Shabu sans the Shabu. They are doing som re pretty interesting stuff on the menu there. Lion's Head sepecially but we have had a number of really good cooked dishes there.

That sounds great to me. I almost wish we could sneak in some really spicy dishes from Joe's into Bob's.

So for Bob's Shabu Shabu on Thursday, May 31 we so far have:

Deangold +1

DanielK

ScottJohnston (I'm guessing)

synaesthesia

Any other takers? Just an idea of what pleasantries are likely to lie in store, which verge on the offal or at least what we've had before:

Lionshead meatballs (best I've ever had and better than my mom's)

Deep fried duck tongues

Pigs feet

Stinky tofu

and I'm hoping some of that pork belly they have over at Bob's Noodle, as well as the silky oyster omelet

And top it off shaved ice to cool off from this weather. (P.S. They have boba on their shaved ice menu, but only on the Chinese version!)

So for Bob's Shabu Shabu on Thursday, May 31 we so far have:

Deangold +1

DanielK

ScottJohnston (I'm guessing)

synaesthesia

Lionshead meatballs (best I've ever had and better than my mom's)

Stinky tofu

and I'm hoping some of that pork belly they have over at Bob's Noodle, as well as the silky oyster omelet

Agree ont he lion's head and I've never even had your Mom's stuff. Stinky tofu is pretty weird to me. We tried it and just couldn't get it. Loved the texture and didnt mind the stinky part but it tasted like it was sitting in dirty dishwater before being cooked.

We ahve let Bob suggest a few things to us and they are pretty great- stuff that didn't sound to special on the menu description but were great. Old age has caused me to forget what they were... but there is a noodle soup that is pretty great and he has these bowls of stuff in a refrigerated case that you cook at the table that he says would be great for a larger group.

I'm still in but Lisa is out.

ps...had THE worst Indian food EVER in Manchester, NH this weekend. Need something good to compensate it.

And I'm now out for next Tuesday. Both of my hockey teams are playing that night. Against each other. Should be fun.