Different and Interesting between DC and Dulles

Rieux

Expertos,

I have to go out to Dulles tomorrow for a five pm appointment at Dulles to get my new Global Entry passport (yay skipping immigration lines!)

That said, it will put me out near Dulles, solo, at around 6 pm. Since I rarely (never) venture out that way except to go to the airport, I figure I should stop somewhere to eat on the way back to Mt. Pleasant.

So, any suggestions for places between Dulles and DC where a solo diner can have a good meal? Ethnic would be great -- Afghan, Thai, Indian, etc. Or, I am open to anything else not-fancy and not-expensive.

Thanks!!!!

It has been a few years, but we used to enjoy Mikaku Sushi Taro in Herndon. The sushi was always fresh and they had a large selection of appetizers (Japanese Tapas per their menu). It was never busy, but always good.

Is La Caraquena in Falls Church on the way back? They're terrific. Make a reservation, though, as Fridays are crowded.

Depends on your way back, but given that I work in Ashburn (out past Dulles) and used to live a couple of blocks from La Caraquena - it can be a PITA to get to from there.

Maybe try Mokomandy in Sterling? Then again, going that way at that time could be rough. Most traffic will suck around that time, to be honest.

from dullas to DC is quite a large area... However, if you are driving to/from the airport pull off at tyson's corner and hit shamshimery. Amazing persian food and it is really reasonable. Never had a bad meal here. Also (this is not hyperbole) the best rice in town. I just wish their bread was more naan like.

from dullas to DC is quite a large area... However, if you are driving to/from the airport pull off at tyson's corner and hit shamshimery. Amazing persian food and it is really reasonable. Never had a bad meal here. Also (this is not hyperbole) the best rice in town. I just wish their bread was more naan like.

If you go, make sure you ask for "plenty of crunchy rice", tahdig.

And an echo of porcupine's Thai Luang recommendation. I also have not been in years, but used to frequent often and loved that place.

Whoops, just realized your trip was a few days ago---verdict, verdict!