Far Flung and Well Fed: The Food Writing of R.W. Apple, Jr

Tweaked

I'll out myself and admit that I bought a copy after seeing Tweaked's post. And, when I felt lucky and put the "one copy left" in my shopping cart, I noticed that suddenly there were four copies left. Even now, more than 50 hours after the initial post, there are mysteriously 2 left. I think bookcloseouts.com has mastered a basic principle of ®etailing: exclusivity sells. No regrets though. Big R.W. Apple fan. Thanks for the pointout, Tweaked.

I can now confirm that it is still listed on the website, although when I clicked print my receipt it froze my computer so I guess I'll see if it actually shows up.

Additionally, if you're interested in a great Johnny Apple article I would encourage you to read Americana, Salted, Smoked, and Sliced Thin, the article he wrote for the NY Times on VA Ham. (If I knew how to paste the link I would, instead you'll have to google Darden Country Store NY Times and it will come up) It's a great, great article/story.

On a tangent I'm a huge fan of the Darden Ham, we recently raffled one off in Sou'Wester but that's a much different story.

I can now confirm that it is still listed on the website, although when I clicked print my receipt it froze my computer so I guess I'll see if it actually shows up.

Additionally, if you're interested in a great Johnny Apple article I would encourage you to read Americana, Salted, Smoked, and Sliced Thin, the article he wrote for the NY Times on VA Ham. (If I knew how to paste the link I would, instead you'll have to google Darden Country Store NY Times and it will come up) It's a great, great article/story.

On a tangent I'm a huge fan of the Darden Ham, we recently raffled one off in Sou'Wester but that's a much different story.

Here's the link. It is a fun and interesting read.