Server Fired Over Leaked Peyton Manning Receipt

DonRocks

Here is the link.

I agree with the firing of the server.

I agree that the server should contact Mr. Manning and apologize.

But ...

Can you blame the server for being positive giddy and wanting to share this news?

I believe that if Mr. Manning accepts the apology, and the server asks for his or her job back, they should be rehired. Mr. Manning only looks like an extremely generous person from this receipt having been leaked, so certainly no harm done there.

I've been to The Angus Barn twice (it used to have one of the greatest wine lists in America), and these are not snotty servers; they're nice people. This person was probably just thrilled having met a superstar, and I hope they get their job back.

I like the fact the receipt has red ink telling the customer an 18% tip has already been added. And Peyton sure is generous. And the Redskins sure are generous, giving the Rams 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick just to move up 4 spots in this year's draft. If RGIII sucks, I'm going to burn my 'skins jersey and never cheer for them again.

Mr. Manning only looks like an extremely generous person from this receipt having been leaked, so certainly no harm done there.

Now every server who doesn't get a huge tip is going to be disappointed. It's one thing to have word-of-mouth accounts that get around, since everyone knows (or should) that by the time they hear it, the story could be exaggerated. A photo of the actual receipt in circulation is different, unless some people assume it's one of those scam things (like the opposite of the 1% hoax).

I believe that if Mr. Manning accepts the apology, and the server asks for his or her job back, they should be rehired. Mr. Manning only looks like an extremely generous person from this receipt having been leaked, so certainly no harm done there.

Except that the restaurant would be sending the message that it doesn't hold the privacy of its high profile guests in very high esteem. I agree with the firing, even though nobody's actual reputation was harmed in this case. Peyton may not be disturbed at all that his generosity was broadcast to the world, but if you were a celebrity who does care greatly about such things, would you want to patronize the Angus Barn if they retained this server? It's the lack of discretion that is at the heart of this I would suspect.

Edit: I got the name wrong!

I like the fact the receipt has red ink telling the customer an 18% tip has already been added. And Peyton sure is generous. And the Redskins sure are generous, giving the Rams 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick just to move up 4 spots in this year's draft. If RGIII sucks, I'm going to burn my 'skins jersey and never cheer for them again.

But if it works out then these are exciting times!!!! I'll take care of the food for the tailgate party if you can organize the tickets we're going to need to watch the 'Skins in the NFC championship game.

I guess a better way of looking at it is that we're giving 2 1st round picks (for the next 2 years) and a 2nd round pick (for this year) to trade up 4 spots in the draft order. So who's Snyder going to hire to catch the ball? Randy Moss? Terrell Owens?

Well, until I just heard the news about the salary cap hit they're going to take I didn't think they were going to have a hard time finding someone to throw the ball to. Cooley will be back(could also be a trade piece) Fred Davis is progressing well. (as long as we can get all the drug dealers together and agree NOT to sell him anymore weed), Hankerson is coming along, Gaffney is a good 3rd option, possible second.

Really, they need 1 star receiver and another offense linemen. Pending on how long they can defer this cap penalty that they're now being dealt (which is completely bogus but besides the point) all points indicate that we're goin' to the Super Bowl!!!

Really, they need 1 star receiver and another offense linemen. Pending on how long they can defer this cap penalty that they're now being dealt (which is completely bogus but besides the point) all points indicate that we're goin' to the Super Bowl!!!

They need Don Rockwell as their restaurant consultant. That is all.

Soup or Bowl?

Delete.

Pending on how long they can defer this cap penalty that they're now being dealt (which is completely bogus but besides the point) all points indicate that we're goin' to the Super Bowl!!!

Surely this was posted after leaving a four hour, 100+ btl wine tasting.