This was my day yesterday, how was yours?

deangold

After working 'til 12midnight Friday, I was up and off to the produce dock at about 10am. Got to the restaurant with 1200# of supplies {I mean I couldn't possibly have carried more than my payload of my truck thus voiding the warranty}. Of course, the only timnes is was pouring rain was when I had to load the food and cleaning supplies in the car.

4pm we restart the POS system because of a Windows update. One of the terminals doesn't want to restart. A quick examination shows that the power supply is shot. I go down stairs and uninstall a CPU to take upstairs. I forget that it is the print driver for the hot line. I re-install the dang thing and uninstall the second terminal CPU for the swap out. I install it upstairs and it works! Thanks the flying spaghetti monster* for small favors!

The second CPS is a harder to get to one, so I want to switch the monitors to make things easier for the servers on what is going to be a slam Saturday night. After I pry the cables off, I realize that the monitors have different driver so I return it to the original configuration.

My wonderful computer guys calls me and we go into a long discussion of power supplies and how, given the genericness of the terminal, it is unlikely he can get a new power supply to fit. I tell him I don't care if he uses a can opener and masking tape {or duck tape even!} if he can get us running tonight.

By now we are getting hit at the door and I am, of course, behind on my normal set up, we are short our two best line guys {1 vacation and one who thankfully saved lives by taking the day off when he was rather sick}. Three reugalr folk call in to ask a favor of a table at the last second. We are already overbooked 2 large tables, but after checking my supply of anti anxiety drugs, take them. THe one dude at the bar is easy to accommodate.

The phone starts ringing with 7 last minute cancellations thus taking the overbooking off the table, and miraculously walk in and late calls get the 5 tables rebooked. We do 235 covers, a person short in the kitchen, and things seemed to go well. We dine at Hollywood East where they have a great Dungeness crab and all is well.

Hope you had a restful Saturday!

* TFSP is used generically for any God, god, spirit, divinity or shade of blue any of you happen to worship, meant with cultural bian, political meaning no ordinal ranking what-so-ever.

I'm stressed and tired just reading about your day. I couldn't imagine managing/owning a restaurant and keeping all the things afloat that need to be kept afloat. I'm constantly amazed when I see these reality shows in which some schlub likes a restaurant or likes a type of food so they figure "what the hell" and buy their fave joint or open their own. Hence the high proportion of restaurant failures, I guess. I'm looking forward to my first foray to Dino's though, because I know there's love poured into the restaurant.

By now we are getting hit at the door and I am, of course, behind on my normal set up, we are short our two best line guys {1 vacation and one who thankfully saved lives by taking the day off when he was rather sick}. Three reugalr folk call in to ask a favor of a table at the last second. We are already overbooked 2 large tables, but after checking my supply of anti anxiety drugs, take them. THe one dude at the bar is easy to accommodate.

Say hi next time!

(PS - Rumor has it the one dude at the bar had an excellent meal there for the second time in a week.)

Well, my day, in contrast, was marvelous, simply marvelous--and all because of this one simple discovery while searching for potential cattle breeding information.

http://www.irishblac...rishblacks.html

Let me remind you all, that I lack all technological ability, and the one bold-faced breed characteristic was done so entirely by the creators of the website who are, presumably, also the promoters of the breed.

"What you have been hearing about the breed is TRUE!" they boast...

It is here you will find in bold-face the one trait the Irish prize most, apparently.

Go figure.