Making your own matzo???

The little guy would like to make his own matzo. Has anyone tried it?

I am not really concerned with meeting kosher for passover standards (I'm not going to send it to school to share with anyone who might be observing it more rigorously than we are...) but I do want it to be a reasonably authentic experience for him.

Any tips and recipes are most welcome.

Thanks!

Chapatis (roti) are unleavened bread. I make these twice a week. It's just flour and water. The flour is Ata, an Indian finely ground whole wheat flour. I think you could use half white flour and half whole wheat flour as an approximation. Knead 2 1/2 cups of flour and 3/4 to1 cup of water together to form a dough (about 10 minutes of kneading, or use a stand mixer). I usually let it rest for at least half an hour, but in the spirit of the holiday you could just start making bread. Separate the dough into 16 balls an roll into flat disks. Cook on a very hot ungreased griddle for about 30 seconds to a minute each side. You know when it's time to flip when it starts to puff. It should puff into a balloon on the second side. If it doesn't, put it over a high gas flame for a few seconds and it should puff. Stack the cooked breads in a towel. These are usually eaten right away. If you leave them they eventually get hard. They aren't giant crackers, but they may be closer to the type of bread eaten in the story.

I'm not sure there should be anything complicated about this at all.

2:1 flour:water, don't use self-rising flour (obviously) [if you don't care about kosher, you can use some oil in place of water and salt]

Mix water in slowly

Knead until dough is no longer sticky

Immediately spread very thin on pan or pizza stone [no resting]

Perforate with fork

Bake at 400 until brown