Food Lover's Guide to Baltimore, Being Published in Late 2012 by Our Own "the minx"

theminx

Hey all,

I put this here because I'm not sure how many folks regularly look at the help needed section. I'm sure someone will move the thread if necessary. ;)

My husband Neal and I are writing the Food Lover's Guide to Baltimore, to be published by Globe Pequot Press later this year. We're just getting started and have compiled a nice list of restaurants to include, but we need more. I would like you all to please just shout out (err...type) your favorite places in and around Baltimore City and Baltimore County. Fancy or dive, as long as they have good, fresh, chow, they're eligible.

We're also doing a section on restaurants that are worth the drive. HowChowBlog has already offered some great suggestions for Howard County, but we're looking for great places in Anne Arundel, Carroll, and Harford as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-theminx

I'm guessing HowChow covered most of the stuff I would've mentioned or you would've put in since it would be a lot of the more active topics or those that get a lot of mentions and praise from various media like Jacks Bistro, Pazo, Max's for beers, Bad Decisions, Pioneer out in Catonsville/Woodlawnish and so on

My favorites are fairly obvious: Woodberry, Blue Grass Tavern, I also adore Jimmy's and Nacho Mamas. I also think One World Cafe has really good vegan/vegetarian options. I figured most of these places are fairly known so I didn't mention them.

Dawg - I've never heard of Pioneer, so thanks for that. Ktmoomau - what do you love most about Jimmy's?

Keep in mind that my hubby and I are just two people with two mouths! We live in Towson and work downtown, so we tend to be most familiar with places in the north-south corridor. We're also big on cooking at home (my blog features far more recipes than it does restaurant reviews) so we don't eat out that much. Because of those reasons, there are probably TONS of restaurants out there that we don't know about, particularly in the East and West sides of Baltimore County.

We're eating out 3-4 times a week now. This project will probably give us gout. :)

My favorites are fairly obvious: Woodberry, Blue Grass Tavern, I also adore Jimmy's and Nacho Mamas. I also think One World Cafe has really good vegan/vegetarian options. I figured most of these places are fairly known so I didn't mention them.

are you referring to jimmy's in fells point? if only i could find comparable scrapple and crab soup here in dc at a restaurant (let alone a DINER); sigh, suppose i will have to make my own

I usually end up liking places for very specific reasons.Say,Dona's cafe at Cross Keys .I like it for ,the terrace ,the goat dish that is perfect for lunch along with a nice cold beer . I have tried other things there but I have come to realize that I only go there when I am in the mood for the reasons mentioned.

Mc Cabe's in Falls ,the burger and yes a nice cold beer .

Centro Tapas .We go there but not too often as it does get expensive if you want to actually eat enough.But I do like it ,good tapas and good wine .

This was just off the top of my head.This places are not necessarily the best places I have been to in Baltimore.Like i said I go to places for specific things they make.

I'd love to see anyone with a new recommendation for Baltimore start a thread in the Baltimore Restaurants and Dining Forum. I think a lot of people are hesitant to start new threads because they think it requires too much time and effort. But anyone can start one by posting some basic information and a few sentences about why you like the place, what's good, etc. as I did here.

I'd love to see anyone with a new recommendation for Baltimore start a thread in the Baltimore Restaurants and Dining Forum. I think a lot of people are hesitant to start new threads because they think it requires too much time and effort. But anyone can start one by posting some basic information and a few sentences about why you like the place, what's good, etc. as I did here.

Yes!

I was thisclose to splitting porcupine's post (above) into a new thread, but there just wasn't enough detail to justify a separate thread.

Baltimore will *always* be special to me for one reason alone: the 1969-1971 Orioles and my childhood hero, Brooks Robinson.