Food Revolution Manifesto, by Christopher Freeman (proletariateats)

proletariateats

Reading this made me homesick, I'm ready to hop in the car & head south. My local equivalent of Bob's (Riverview-Sneads Ferry, NC) serves seafood, not BBQ, but I would match their hushpuppies up against anyone. They don't actually say 'unlimited hushpuppies', but if you finish your basket (you know, red or green plastic w/ a napkin), they automatically bring another one.

There's a half page, full color spread of area hushpuppies in the latest Washingtonian magazine-who the h*** puts snails in a hushpuppy, unless it's a joke?

If you like this place and want it to stick around you might want to rethink posting its neighborhood, a photo of the building, and a photo of the apartment door.

Very unlikely that it's a real building or address, given the tone of the piece (coupled with proletariateats having an IQ greater than 5) :). It's actually a much, much cooler review since the pictures are decoys.

Thank you, too, Brian, for raising the issue of images in my post. I had not considered the likelihood of readers trying to track down Taqueria X based on the images I used (random) and the disclosure of neighborhood (misinformation) I proffered. Images have now been distorted, neighborhoods have been reassigned. I would hate that a random family would be beset by eaters jonesing for tacos. If you ever want to go, I'll buy you a taco.

Cheers.

Chris

I've been holding off for a year, but I just couldn't take it any longer. I just had to write something about Rogue 24. Disclaimer: I know (professionally, personally) and like (ibid.) Chef RJ Cooper, so there was NO chance I was going to give RJ a bad "review." And yet, I believe I've told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth... With this one, I invite thoughts, feelings, and emotions on the subject....

Manifesto

Cheers,

Chris

So, I just posted on your blog, but I'll post here as well.

I've worked at the Sips-and-Suppers event for 3 years now (so, 6 different chefs). Most were from the area, but there were a couple of guest chefs as well.

In each case, all of the chefs were cool, calm, and professional. Nobody yelled, at their staff or the volunteer staff. Nobody complained about the non-restaurant cooking equipment. There were issues with equipment, temperature, serving dishes, fridges, you name it. But they all, with a smile, worked around it. This was a volunteer event, and they were there to do a good deed and present a great meal, not to impress Food Network judges. Staff were treated like friends, complimented, and fed well.

So, I'm sure that Erik Bruner-Yang is a nice guy, but to put him on a pedestal for acting, well, human, seems a bit excessive.