Local Sources For Chef Shoes?

perrik

Can anyone recommend a local store that carries a good selection of shoes appropriate for the kitchen? (Dansko, KM, Birkenstocks, etc) Montgomery/PG/Howard County location preferred...

My feet thank you in advance.

I can't recall the name of the store right now, but it's in Congressional Plaza on the Pike, in between Whole Foods and next door to Chico's. They also have a store in Bethesda.

I second the recommendation of the Dansko closed back...I think it's called the "professional"...they last for years!
Well, except when they don't. The panel in the closed back has snapped in half, and I have worn down the heels on my current pair of Pros in less than two years. :mellow: I wonder if they are skimping on quality now that they offer a million designs.
Go to the REI on Rockville Pike. My wife uses the Merrells that have the mesh type uppers. She swears by them because they allow her feet to breath in a hot kitchen and they give great support just like the "pro" chef clogs.
Mesh top doesn't protect against hot spills though! I hosed my suede Birk clogs with a cup of hot oil this summer.

They have chef shoes at one of the many Comfort Zones just steps from the Dupont Circle Market (I think it's the one closest to the Circa restaurant). I can't remember the brand, but according to the poster hanging nearby, they make Jamie Oliver smile, so they must be good.

They have chef shoes at one of the many Comfort Zones just steps from the Dupont Circle Market (I think it's the one closest to the Circa restaurant). I can't remember the brand, but according to the poster hanging nearby, they make Jamie Oliver smile, so they must be good.

Not to be too much the cynic, but the main reason he smiles is probably because he gets a few cents every time somebody buys some.