Kentucky Derby near Cambridge, MD

Anna Phor

My dear beloved husband is cheerfully putting up with a long weekend trip with my parents to points Eastern-shoreward. He would very much like to watch the Kentucky Derby some place this weekend, so I'd like to scope out a spot that will please all parties involved. Any recommendations for a spot within a 20-30 minute drive of Cambridge (so Easton, Oxford, St. Michaels--those sorts of spots) that (i) is likely to have a tv on (ii) has reasonable food (crabs a definite plus!) and (iii) has enough atmosphere/ambiance for my parents who are not interested in sports at all? I'm thinking a nice pub, possibly on the water, good beer, casual enough to bring a toddler.

Any leads appreciated!!!

There is a nice pub in Easton, I cannot recall the name googling it might be the Washington Street Pub, there is also a Tavern there I could be getting them mixed up. I ate with my Mom there. On the main drag there are a couple places that would fit your requirements and might have TVs. If there are TVs I imagine they will have the Derby on in that area of MD.

The Inn at Perry Cabin in St. Michael's has a cozy pub, The Purser's Pub, that has a big-screen TV. The Inn is right on the water, so those not interested in the Derby could enjoy the outdoor scenery while your husband watches the race.