Anniversary 911 - Help!

buddha-san

Received a phone message last evening canceling my reservation (for an anniversary dinner) on account of "emergency repairs" to the dining room. They've offered a spot in the cafe. I have never eaten at Palena and am not sure that the cafe is good substitute for a special occasion. But on such short notice my options are limited ...

Received a phone message last evening canceling my reservation (for an anniversary dinner) on account of "emergency repairs" to the dining room. They've offered a spot in the cafe. I have never eaten at Palena and am not sure that the cafe is good substitute for a special occasion. But on such short notice my options are limited ...

Food-wise, the cafe is a perfectly fine substitute. It's a bit more bustling, however. If you're looking for a very quiet, tête-à-tête setting, call and ask for Kelli (the GM), tell her it's your anniversary, and ask if you can be seated at one of the booths near the restroom (I know that sounds like a joke, but it's not). However, these are right next to the back room, and may or may not be open depending on what's going on. Either way, make sure they know it's your anniversary. Bear in mind that it's now 6:30 on a Thursday night, and she's going to be swamped for the next three hours, not to mention that they may be in a quandary because of whatever forced the dining room to close. You may want to leave a message for her to call you back after dinner rush.

If you don't get what you need in this thread by tomorrow, send me a PM and I'll help you figure this out.

And ...