Fundraiser at Trusty's on Wednesday, 5/16

Pat

There is going to be a fundraiser at Trusty's on Wednesday for Boone, a bartender there who has worked at other places on the Hill (not to mention being a talented artist). A couple of weeks ago he was stabbed multiple times while intervening in a street robbery. He's recently gotten out of the hospital.

Trusty's, 1420 Pennsylvania Ave., SE

Can you give some more detail? How much, what percentage is going to what? etc.? You have my attention.

Can you give some more detail? How much, what percentage is going to what? etc.? You have my attention.

Don, I don’t really know more about the fundraiser than what’s in that link, except that local businesses have donated stuff to be raffled off. There might be more information on their Facebook page or you could inquire there. I don’t have a Facebook account, which is why I linked to a blog post rather than directly to Facebook.

From reading the Facebook message, I gathered that the money being raised by raffling/passing the hat is intended to go directly to Boone, but if anyone wants to be absolutely certain the money goes directly to him, his Paypal address is given in the link I posted.

There also may be some media coverage coming soon, but I’m not sure what.