Medellin, Colombia

So I'm heading down to Medellin next weekend for a bachelor party, and besides trying my hardest to stay out of trouble, I was just put in charge of finding places to eat. I did a very brief search, and beyond a No Reservations episode in Columbia, I haven't been able to find too many reliable sources. Anyone been?

If all else fails, there's always Hard Rock. Actually, I'll probably try to avoid anything in Columbia having to do with rock...

Colombia - no u, 2 o's. Many years ago, I spent my junior year in college there. Probably one of the more crazy semester abroad options in the early 1980's. I don't have restaurant recs, but make sure to try arepas de choclo. Sweet corn arepas - I have never had anything like them in the states. Ajiaco and sancocho are traditional stews, combining yuca, platanos, chicken, and potatoes. Do not be surprised to find a chicken paw in there. Also, drink aguardiente with tropical fruit chasers, but cautiously.

Colombia - no u, 2 o's. Many years ago, I spent my junior year in college there. Probably one of the more crazy semester abroad options in the early 1980's. I don't have restaurant recs, but make sure to try arepas de choclo. Sweet corn arepas - I have never had anything like them in the states. Ajiaco and sancocho are traditional stews, combining yuca, platanos, chicken, and potatoes. Do not be surprised to find a chicken paw in there. Also, drink aguardiente with tropical fruit chasers, but cautiously.

Thanks for the recs...right, 2 o's. Force of habit from living in DC for 10 years...

Those arepas sound great though!