dr.com Baltimore Meetup

borderdog

Has there ever been a get together of people who frequent here? It might be a bit awkward in the beginning but it might also be interesting if it works out.

Yes, a million, gazillion times in DC, but only once or twice in Baltimore. It has long been my dream to get Baltimore more active, and it's people like you who can spur it on - we only need a core group of about ten regulars to make it happen - that ten will quickly turn into fifteen, then twenty, then ...

Baltimoreans, you've seen what this community has done for DC - I really, *really* want to do the same for Baltimore, but I'm only a curator; the content needs to come organically.

I'll come up for it if I can.

sphere, could you bring your dad to a Friday night event? Next week might be tough with the 4th of July. I'm really excited about getting some folks together from Baltimore, and I'd like to do this on a regular basis, even if "events" might mean 3 or 4 people total. The quality will be there; we need quantity. I'll do whatever I can to help. The DC community (in spite of me!) has formed lifelong, priceless friendships, and I'd love to be able to furnish whatever tools our Baltimoreans need to do the same. I'm at your service, and am eager offer a hand.

Cheers,

Rocks

How about the weekend after the 4 th? I wont be in town. There can also be more than one one meetups. I do want to go at the Market resto in Hampden and it does look like a good place to be the more the marrier

That would work for me. Let's talk about it on Tuesday or Thursday.

Since this didn't seem to be happening I made plans to go to dinner with some friends last night. Turns out one of those friends was playing a GIG at Hampden Hi-Fi in Roosevelt park so Food Market was the perfect place to go afterward. We had a fantastic meal. I'll post a detailed review in the actual thread in the next day or two, but in the meantime wanted to share my praise.

Also, I chatted briefly with one of the partners and he seemed like he might be amenable to planning a DR event. I would happily go back so I think we should do it, with some advance planning. I'd be happy to be the point person, but would need some guidance from someone more experienced with setting these things up.

Alternatively, I also really want to get to Of Love & Regret, and the japanese place in the Four Seasons (Pabu I think?) and would love to plan for either of those.

Sometime in August? Do weeknights or weekends generally work better? Does one restaurant hold more appeal? Will anyone go? :P