Restaurants with Great Service

On 7/4/2012 at 12:33 PM, wendydb22 said:

Boulevard Woodgrill - one word - BILLY

On 3/26/2015 at 10:44 AM, DaveO said:

I can believe that part about Billy.  btw:  I believe he has left and is elsewhere in Arlington.

On 10/21/2015 at 5:25 PM, DaveO said:

I ran into Billy on the street in North Arlington. He left Boulevard Cafe and had worked at Muscle Bar and Grill and now isn't working. I have no idea why. He is such a great FOH person.

Then I scanned yelp reviews for his name for the two above mentioned restaurants. His name comes up in a variety of reviews, and the commentators always love him. There were no reviews wherein his name was associated with bad service. The guy is simply great. If I were a restaurant operator I'd vacuum him up in a minute, and market him. The guy brings in business because his service is so exceptional.

---

For those particularly fond of Billy's terrific customer service he is currently working as a waiter at Old Ebbitt on lunch shifts (don't know the days).

A Billy update - I was happy to see him working in Clarendon again!  He's working at Spirits of 76 (where the other staff have also been super friendly and provided great service) and Liberty Tavern.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cheezepowder said:

On 3/26/2015 at 10:44 AM, DaveO said:

On 10/21/2015 at 5:25 PM, DaveO said:

A Billy update - I was happy to see him working in Clarendon again!  He's working at Spirits of 76 (where the other staff have also been super friendly and provided great service) and Liberty Tavern.

The thread referencing Billy is 7 years old.  That is pretty amazing.  Think I'll stop by those places.  Billy elevated the restaurant experience

Maybe this isn't the thread for this, or maybe it is. You see, I love excellent front of house service, and I tip generously when I feel that the staff is on their game.

But....one of my pet peeves with some restaurants is when you walk in and you're greeted with something like "Where have you been, I haven't seen you in a long time!" It's a statement that balls up a lot of negative connotations all rolled into a seemingly innocent greeting. Like, I'm only supposed to come here when I exercise my few dining out options? Or, you prefer guests who come here all the time instead of me?

That one little statement has caused me to stop visiting a few establishments because I don't want to be greeted like that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

Maybe this isn't the thread for this, or maybe it is. You see, I love excellent front of house service, and I tip generously when I feel that the staff is on their game.

But....one of my pet peeves with some restaurants is when you walk in and you're greeted with something like "Where have you been, I haven't seen you in a long time!" It's a statement that balls up a lot of negative connotations all rolled into a seemingly innocent greeting. Like, I'm only supposed to come here when I exercise my few dining out options? Or, you prefer guests who come here all the time instead of me?

That one little statement has caused me to stop visiting a few establishments because I don't want to be greeted like that.

Hmm, alternative point-of-view: The Staff is being attentive, and genuinely notices (and misses) your absence. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's something I've experienced before, and I've always appreciated the ... what's the correct word? Not recognition, but something more like "not forgotten?"

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I wouldn't read too much into it.  We sometimes hear this even at places we frequent at least once a week, just because schedules vary.  It is invariably followed by a conversation in which we catch each other up on what we've been up to since we last spoke.  If they recognize your face and know your name you are a regular no matter how long it has been since  you last stopped in.

• Like 2