Coffee Shop in Falls Church

stevem

One of my critical "where to live" criterion is the availability of a good independent coffee house. Do any of these exist in Falls Church City? I know this has been an issue there in the past.

Thanks!

(Also, apologies if I used "criterion" wrong.)

One of my critical "where to live" criterion is the availability of a good independent coffee house. Do any of these exist in Falls Church City? I know this has been an issue there in the past.

Thanks!

(Also, apologies if I used "criterion" wrong.)

No, and it's a semi-shame because both Two Sisters (a little drive-thru) and Stacy's Coffee Parlor had perfect coffee-culture atmospheres (but, alas, the coffee at both was terrible).

Good doughnuts and mediocre coffee at a little joint, whose name escapes me, in the same dumpy strip as The Italian Cafe on Rt. 29. Certainly can't be called a coffee house, but it's a place to sit and drink a coffee.

Sort of-Natalia's Elegant Creation serves decent coffee, depending on the day. They have nice pastries and sandwiches. It's next to little man's fave toy store, Doodlehopper, and also the Local Market on broad st.

Mary, knowing your taste in coffee - is Natalia's worth me going to? As I type, the answer is becoming obvious ("yes, at least once to judge for yourself"). And I'd like to hear more from DrXmus, too. I refuse to consider Cosi "coffee," and I'm not sure I consider Whole Foods "Falls Church," so I'm a bit desperate. If you don't mind M.E. Swing's in a pump-canister, Toby's on Washington Blvd (technically, Arlington) is a sub-$2 pint.

Thanks, all. I'm enjoying reading this. I guess it goes without saying that the "neighborhood" coffee shop really needs two things. First, good coffee and decent pastries. Second, a welcoming atmosphere where you can camp out for awhile (and buy stuff as appropriate so as to not freeload forever).

Given the demographics of Falls Church City, it kind of blows my mind that such a place hasn't been able to thrive.

Natalia's is the closest to a sit-down buy pastries read the newspaper type of place that Stacy's had; but the warm feeling of original Stacy's had isn't present. Many many families hang out hear to eat, read and catch up w/friends at Natalia's and the Starbucks down the street. It's def considered a FC staple and neighborhood place much like Dogwood or Clare & Dons

And I'd like to hear more from DrXmus, too.

Well, let's see. I was born in Baltimore and grew up in South Carolina...oh, sorry, you mean re: the coffee shop. My bad.

I just did some research. The place I mentioned is called Milan Bakery at 7167 Lee Highway. As I said, I wouldn't call it a coffee shop, but it is a place for good doughnuts and pastries and for sitting a bit at small plain tables with functional chairs. The coffee is in pump-type canisters, but I don't recall the brand. Does Green Mountain sounds familiar? The owners are the people you'll see, usually, and I think they're from El Salvador or Guatemala. Starbucks, it ain't.