Seafood - Ballston to Georgetown

DanCole42

Ordinarily when I want seafood I go to Passionfish, but that's because I live far from civilization. Now I find someone asking me for recommendations between her apartment in Ballston and where her mother is staying in Georgetown.

So what's good?

I've never been to Sea Catch, but have been intending to try their happy hour, which is 5-7 pm Monday through Saturday. $1.00 oysters at the bar. Half-price drinks.

Years ago, I used to work for the company that owns it and blah, blah,blah......Happy Hour is even better because the valet parking is FREE for three hours. I have not been in years, but it used to focus on very fresh seafood prepared in a minimalist style. There also used to be between 8-12 different oyster selection nightly.

Years ago, I used to work for the company that owns it and blah, blah,blah......Happy Hour is even better because the valet parking is FREE for three hours. I have not been in years, but it used to focus on very fresh seafood prepared in a minimalist style. There also used to be between 8-12 different oyster selection nightly.

Happy Hour at Sea Catch (Mon-Sat 5-7) still has discounted drinks, $1 oysters (a bunch of varieties), a variety of small plates, and free valet. A great deal.