Organic Farmers Markets near Potomac?

I am here visiting from San Francisco, where I am spoiled with several organic farmers markets, and by working for an organic produce distributor. I'd love to find a good, organic market near here. I've seen Norman's mentioned, but nowhere does it say whether or not it's organic. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Valerie

Welcome to the area, Valerie! You won't find a large market that is exclusively organic, but you will find farmers markets with many organic farmers and producers. A small, but excellent organic-only market is run by an organic pioneer in this area at the Sheridan School, New Morning Farm. (There's a topic in this forum on the Sheridan School market.)

A friend from Davis, CA looks down her nose at what grows around here only because she's a zealous convert from life in Michigan, but you'd probably be happiest with the early Sunday market at Dupont Circle where you'll also find New Morning Farm along with Farm at Sunnyside, Country Pleasures, Next Step Produce and Tree & Leaf, all organic, along with plenty of other choices along the lines of grass-fed, biodiverse, free-range and all those other happy buzz words.

Also see Marketfan's copious reports of the bounties available at her markets this weekend where there are great local organic farms such as Mountain View. All of these markets share a commitment to just-picked, local food.

There is a tiny market at Falls Road and Democracy on Thursday's from 2 pm until 6 or 7 pm. It is in a parking lot of a church.

They have a meat vendor and I think there is an organic produce vendor there too. I haven't asked the other producers about their production because I get so much fruit and veg from other markets.

There is also the Bethesda Central Market on Sundays and the Mid-Pike Market on Thursdays and Saturday.