Birthday Cocktails, 6-8 Ladies in DC, 7-ish, Small Plates, Wednesday Night, Semi-Guaranteed Seats a Plus

qwertyy

A friend and I are brainstorming for a friend's birthday next month. No major blowout, but we were thinking some fun fancy cocktails with 6-8 of the ladies in DC. Small plates would be nice too, since we're probably not going to meet up until 7ish, and on a Wednesday night, moving on from drinks to dinner would make it too late a night. We'll also need a place where we can make a reservation or where our group can walk in and have a reasonable chance of finding a seat (so probably no to Estadio). I thought of Quill, but that might be a bit too expensive for a few of the guests. The Gibson maybe? I've shamefully never been there, but it sounds like it would fit the bill. What do you think? Any other ideas? Thanks!

Zaytinya actually used to have very good cocktails, I haven't been in about a year though. Fiola might work, although don't know about price, their bar menu is good.

Note that Rachel Sergi is no longer at Zaytinya (or, for that matter, Againn), and Theo Rutherford is no longer at Fiola (or, for that matter, Rogue 24) but the great Jeff Faile is.

A friend and I are brainstorming for a friend's birthday next month. No major blowout, but we were thinking some fun fancy cocktails with 6-8 of the ladies in DC. Small plates would be nice too, since we're probably not going to meet up until 7ish, and on a Wednesday night, moving on from drinks to dinner would make it too late a night. We'll also need a place where we can make a reservation or where our group can walk in and have a reasonable chance of finding a seat (so probably no to Estadio). I thought of Quill, but that might be a bit too expensive for a few of the guests. The Gibson maybe? I've shamefully never been there, but it sounds like it would fit the bill. What do you think? Any other ideas? Thanks!

701's bar

Bar at the Source (I think there is a small plate combo special at HH)

Lincoln

Bar at Zentan (sushi = small plate)

Patio at Acadiana

Sigh. I like all your ideas so much! But let this be a lesson to you: take your eyes off the ball for one damn minute and someone else takes charge and damns you to a night at Smith Commons.

I don't know. I'm going to keep an open mind. But that open mind will be hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. Next time I'm asked, I'll be able to come up with a cornucopia of ideas that are good and worthy.

(Anyone got anything good to say about Smith Commons?)

Isn't Smith Commons owned by the people who own Jetties? I can't speak for anything else they do, but I would eat at Jetties every damn day of the week if I could afford to and didn't care if I turned into a blimp.

(I'm going to be pissed if the Mayan calendar thing turns out to be true and I've been dieting for no good reason and the world ends in December...)