Slices on the Walk, "Pizza Slice" Vendor at Gallery Walk Outside of Clyde's, Verizon Center - Closed

Saw a sign for "Slices on the Walk" next to Clyde's in Chinatown. Looks to be where the Auntie Anne's used to be. Not clear if this is related to Clyde's at all (they used to have a nice lunch spot Clyde's on the Walk). Would be great to have a decent place to grab a slice of pizza in the neighborhood (Bistro Med and Fuel don't do it for me).

Saw a sign for "Slices on the Walk" next to Clyde's in Chinatown. Looks to be where the Auntie Anne's used to be. Not clear if this is related to Clyde's at all (they used to have a nice lunch spot Clyde's on the Walk). Would be great to have a decent place to grab a slice of pizza in the neighborhood (Bistro Med and Fuel don't do it for me).

I'd appreciate it, mnnchas, if you could find out some more details about this, and post them here. There's nothing about it on Google, and I'm not quite sure what to do with this thread.

Cheers,

Don

I'd appreciate it, mnnchas, if you could find out some more details about this, and post them here. There's nothing about it on Google, and I'm not quite sure what to do with this thread.

Cheers,

Don

Two months later, I've seen nothing more about Slices on the Walk. It shouldn't take that long to open a pizza-by-the-slice kiosk - has anyone heard anything?

Open today (not sure how long they've been up and running though). Grabbed a slice of pepperoni, was pretty much what you would expect from a pizza slice kiosk outside Clyde's. The sauce was too sweet for me; the cheese and pepperoni were unremarkable; the crust exhibited converyor belt qualities. That said, if I was jonesing for a slice of pizza in the area, this would hit the spot. $3.85 for a pepperoni slice including tax ($3.00 for a slice plus $0.50 per topping).

The place also sells hot dogs for a couple bucks if you're looking to pregame before going into the Verizon Center.

Anal-retentive annoyance: menu typo has a "cent" symbol where there should be a $.