Carbón, Peruvian Chicken & Grille in Rockville Town Square - From the Owners of La Canela - Closed Aug 15, 2014

I was in R'ville Town Sq. for a client meeting that ended at 11. I was hoping that Carbón would be open by then but they didn't open until 11:30. So I stood outside, tried to get some work reading done, for 30 minutes. As soon as they opened, I rushed in to order 1/4 chicken dark and chicharron. For sides, I had some rice, fried yucca, and iceberg lettuce. Let's start with the chicken, even without the skin (which I discarded), it was tender and flavorful - a very good Peruvian chicken. I also like the chicken at Super Chicken and Crisp & Juicy - I can't really rank them in any order, they're all good. The chicharron was pretty good, moist and flavorful. There were still some fat clinging to the meat, which is good for those who aren't counting cholesterol. I took a few pieces home as a treat for the dog on Halloween. The yucca were underfried, the rice was nice 'n salty, and I don't eat iceberg lettuce.

ETA: My other option was Oro Pomodore for pizza but since I had already gone to Pupatella the night before, I decided to do Peruvian instead.

post-4391-0-69707900-1351734524_thumb.jp

post-4391-0-47157100-1351734535_thumb.jp

Carbón closed on August 15, 2014, and is going to be an Irish Pub called Finnegan's Wake. (Thanks, DK)

I actually don't know this for a fact, but they both have the address 100 Gibbs Street, Suite F, so I put two and two together.

Where have you gone, Bobby's Crabcakes? Our county seat turns its lonely eyes to you.