Grape Crate - Alex Clifford's New Curated, Educational Mail-Order Wine Crates

AlexC

Hey DR Community,

I wanted to let you know about Grape Crate, my new wine business!

We deliver a curated, educational wine box with an app-driven recommendation engine.

That means we pick great wines and package them in a cool-looking Crate, including some painless-to-use instructional material. Then, we let people rate wines quickly and easily on their smart phone, so we can customize their next crate based on what they liked in the last one!

For more information (and to look at my smiling mug), you can read about us at Borderstan and Eat More Drink More! Plus, you can check out our website at www.grapecrate.com and feel free to ask questions here or email me at alex@grapecrate.com!

If you want to stay connected, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for our email list via the website.

Also, please buy two or three crates for everyone you know. Sales close on Dec 10.

Thanks,

Alex
www.grapecrate.com

Hey DR Community,

I wanted to let you know about Grape Crate, my new wine business!

We deliver a curated, educational wine box with an app-driven recommendation engine.

That means we pick great wines and package them in a cool-looking Crate, including some painless-to-use instructional material. Then, we let people rate wines quickly and easily on their smart phone, so we can customize their next crate based on what they liked in the last one!

Alex,

Not to worry. I was confused about the bolded statements above. Once I went to your site, it made perfect sense. I like the concept.

Just saw this thread and I would love to give it a try for the pretty-much-in-laws in the future. Two questions: it possible to specify likes/dislikes, and is it possible to just get one crate? As an explanation, the PMIL visit a couple times a year and my job is to get wine for each visit. I try to expand their palates beyond their usual preferences and this may be the perfect way to experiment beyond visiting my go-to wine stores.

Brian -- thanks again for being one of my first customers! Finally done with delivery and only have a few stragglers who need to pick up. What a freaking battle, what an awesome ride, can't wait to blow this thing out! Hope you love the experience.

Lovehockey -- Happy to talk custom Crates! Shoot me an email at alex@grapecrate.com.

Alex

Has anything been happening since the New Year? The website is somewhat skeletal, and Facebook posts stopped a while back. I gave my information, signed up for updates, and it took me right back to the webpage with no links on it.

Has anything been happening since the New Year? The website is somewhat skeletal, and Facebook posts stopped a while back. I gave my information, signed up for updates, and it took me right back to the webpage with no links on it.

Ditto.

My wines did not make it to 2013. Was I supposed to rate them on an app or website?

Got my first crate yesterday - so very excited to try all of the wines, as they are, with a few exceptions, very different from what I would buy if left to my own devices. The packaging is really awesome - the box gives all kinds of information about each bottle, including refrigeration and food pairing suggestions. Also, they pre-printed labels with some additional "learnin'" about each wine, so you can stick them on the bottles if you so desire (they can't do it themselves due to FDA regulations, it seems). They also included a couple of gift bags, in case you are going to be bringing any of the bottles to parties/dinners - very very thoughtful.

My only issue so far has been the app - I have not been able to get in at all. Alex is working on it (he has been very responsive throughout the ordering/delivery process), so hopefully the technology issue will be resolved soon and I can start rating the wines. In the meantime, I'll just write my notes in an old-school journal - definitely not going to wait to start drinking. :P

Was just thinking about Grape Crate today, for some reason - after our first crate, which we loved, we never heard anything else.  My computer also won't let me get past the main website (in other words, when I click "Order a grape crate," it poops out and won't let me go further).  Anyone know what happened?

Was just thinking about Grape Crate today, for some reason - after our first crate, which we loved, we never heard anything else.  My computer also won't let me get past the main website (in other words, when I click "Order a grape crate," it poops out and won't let me go further).  Anyone know what happened?

I just checked - it's probably your security settings, as their SSL certificate has expired.