Where Did I Dine? A Photograph-Based Guessing Game

Range? (Porcupine seems to like places with nice pottery plates :) )

Indeed. This dish looks like a mayonnaise-heavy lobster and macaroni salad in a new, hip restaurant with hand-made pottery plates. It could be Izakaya Seki (but with wheat pasta?), Fiola (but with this much mayo?), or any of a number of other places.

I love this game because it's beautiful, harmless, fun, challenging, educational - both geographically and culturally, and good old-fashioned Mental P.E.

Any hints, porcupine? The nationality is not at all clear to me.

Indeed. This dish looks like a mayonnaise-heavy lobster and macaroni salad in a new, hip restaurant with hand-made pottery plates. It could be Izakaya Seki (but with wheat pasta?), Fiola (but with this much mayo?), or any of a number of other places.

I love this game because it's beautiful, harmless, fun, challenging, educational - both geographically and culturally, and good old-fashioned Mental P.E.

Any hints, porcupine? The nationality is not at all clear to me.

Do hip restaurants have containers of sugar, Splenda and Equal packets on the table?

^the Cheezepowder got it - Range. Maybe I am subconciously attracted to nice pottery.... Anyway, it's the lobster macaroni and cheese, a dish that I think jumped the shark more than a year ago and is trite, except that this version was freakin' fantastic.

Do hip restaurants have containers of sugar, Splenda and Equal packets on the table?

Yes, if Mr P is there drinking iced tea. :lol:

You've obviously never been to Chubby's. :)

Nope :lol: The reason I guessed Chubby's is because bookluvingbabe posted a bowl of chili from Chubby's upthread that was in a pottery crock. I figured I'd take a shot at Chubby's even though porcupine's bowl is different.

Here's another picture:

post-889-0-79410500-1366577928_thumb.jpg