Where Did I Dine? A Photograph-Based Guessing Game

^Rocks and weezy are on the right track. The greens are sage. No more clues yet per Don's request.

To hell with the request. Where are the clues?

I remember where Mary's fried calabash squash is from now. The fact that it's fried calabash squash is all you need to know, as I think there's only one place in the area serving it. The answer is pretty interesting.

attachicon.gifwhere the hell did I dine.jpg

I will jump in here as well

You know what?

I thought I knew *everything*. About *every* restaurant.

I don't.

This is a restaurant that wants to show off its octopus, but also takes the care to finely dice its (root) vegetables into something resembling a brunoise. It's a good grill-job, but also as simple as can be, letting the octopus take center stage, and the octopus was brushed during the final moments of grilling.

The table is also tilted downward to the right.

• Like 1

You know what?

I thought I knew *everything*. About *every* restaurant.

I don't.

This is a restaurant that wants to show off its octopus, but also takes the care to finely dice its vegetables into something resembling a brunoise. It's a good grill-job, but also as simple as can be, letting the octopus take center stage.

The table is also tilted downward to the right.

I would have said Proof but the lighting is wrong. Unless it was at lunch time and they were seated near a window.

Or Estadio...

To hell with the request. Where are the clues?

I remember where Mary's fried calabash squash is from now. The fact that it's fried calabash squash is all you need to know, as I think there's only one place in the area serving it. The answer is pretty interesting.

Clue: a restaurant doesn't have to be Italian to serve ravioli. Heck, even faux-diners serve ravioli.

Scott, thanks for posting a pic. My first guess was Fiola but I don't think Trabocchi ever sends out anything that simple.

Those look like the gold/golden fingers at Burma. But I don't see the sauce nearby.

I think I need to go have lunch there soon.

Jim, I got Mary's permission to post (she's unavailable at the moment). You got it! Burma it is.

And rockcreek, that is a *fine* looking salad. Hopefully someone will guess where it is before tonight because I want one. :) I am seriously annoyed that I don't recognize the bar or placemats - I've seen these placemats, I know I have.

• Like 1

在哪里我吃饭?

(Literal: "At where I did dine? :-) )

No fair peeking at my FB page.

As per the rules: Salad of shaved fennel and endive, Gulf shrimp, sherry vinaigrette, grated ricotta salata.

attachicon.gifIMG_20130117_121645.0641.jpg

Another bar-related guess - the bar top and placemats look to me like Ardeo+Bardeo. But the dish gives me pause. It seems like a bigger serving than you'd normally get there and plated a bit more artistically as well.

Another bar-related guess - the bar top and placemats look to me like Ardeo+Bardeo. But the dish gives me pause. It seems like a bigger serving than you'd normally get there and plated a bit more artistically as well.

Your insight serves you well. I was at the bar, and it not Ardeo/Bardeo. :-)

在哪里我吃饭?

(Literal: "At where I did dine? :-) )

No fair peeking at my FB page.

As per the rules: Salad of shaved fennel and endive, Gulf shrimp, sherry vinaigrette, grated ricotta salata.

attachicon.gifIMG_20130117_121645.0641.jpg

I didn't peak at the Fb page, but I did google it to see :) But I will save it for someone who makes a guess from experience, instead of research skills...

Didn't mean to hijack the thread; did Scott's entry get a winner?

The ravioli, the octopus, and the salad are all still outstanding.

I Googled yours too. :) The photographers should refrain from listing ingredients, and make everyone figure them out for this exact reason - I think any and all tools are fair game.

Wildwood Kitchen?

DING DING DING DING DING! Winner, winner, capon dinner.

Went for lunch. Loved it - more about this in the other thread. Looking forward to walking there from our house when the weather gets nicer. (I mean, we'll do it when the weather sucks, but it will be more enjoyable this way.)

Cheers!

DING DING DING DING DING! Winner, winner, capon dinner.

Went for lunch. Loved it - more about this in the other thread. Looking forward to walking there from our house when the weather gets nicer. (I mean, we'll do it when the weather sucks, but it will be more enjoyable this way.)

Cheers!

:) This is quite the coincidence as I am having dinner at Wildwood this very evening! It'll be my third visit -- agree that this restaurant is a great addition to our neighborhood. Think I might order that salad!

:) This is quite the coincidence as I am having dinner at Wildwood this very evening! It'll be my third visit -- agree that this restaurant is a great addition to our neighborhood. Think I might order that salad!

What I'm desperately looking forward to is: in June, calling in a take-out order, running there from the pool, and returning triumphant. :-)

ThIs dish is from Orso, the fact that no one guessed it means more people should go and order it.

Scott, I should have guessed this based on that 1) I know you like Orso, 2) I think I may have *had* this (or was it the calamari), and 3) it's simple and well-prepped which many dishes coming from Will's kitchen are. Give us a hint next time before giving up on us so easily!

Elizabeth, your ravioli will be dangling forever. There is just nothing about it that's so distinctive where someone might guess it unless they just had it two days ago. I'd be interested in knowing if the raisins are a Middle Eastern / North African influence, or regional Italian (if the latter, I'd like to know from where). Yes, I know you implied it wasn't an Italian restaurant.

Where did I dine?

post-2-0-01217500-1358520736_thumb.jpg

Don's pound cake - Lebanese Taverna Market?

Definite +1 on the Lebanese Taverna Market for Don's cake. No idea on the ravioli.

You naughty little urchins chea-ted and went to Two Belles' website!

But it's not Lebanese Taverna Market. :)

(I would have done the same thing, FWIW.)

Don- District Taco?! I topped off a couple al pastor tacos with that pound cake a few weeks back...

Ding! Ding! Ding!

District Taco is where I often go for my morning coffee. The pound cake slices are tiny, but it is *really* good pound cake, although I've only had it once (a caloric luxury I just cannot afford).