Where Did I Dine? A Photograph-Based Guessing Game

13 minutes ago, bookluvingbabe said:

Bingo!  The yogurt was weird but the avocado toast was very good. 

So where did I dine?

HalfSand.jpg

And don't forget these two Cuban-esque Sandwiches - the first one is a very good sandwich, and has all the flavors of something you'd find on Calle Ocho; the second is nothing like what I'd consider to be a Cuban, either in form or flavor; yet, is from a respected sandwich shop.

3 hours ago, DonRocks said:

So where did I dine?

HalfSand.jpg

And don't forget these two Cuban-esque Sandwiches - the first one is a very good sandwich, and has all the flavors of something you'd find on Calle Ocho; the second is nothing like what I'd consider to be a Cuban, either in form or flavor; yet, is from a respected sandwich shop.

I'm going with Bub and Pop's...

1 hour ago, mtureck said:

I'm going with Bub and Pop's...

Yes!

Cheesesteak with Provolone, Sautéed Onions, and Light Pizza Sauce - I wish I could say I liked it, but it was way too salty, and the Provolone was pungent to the point of sin - as sharp a Provolone as I can remember having.

Thats *half* a sandwich, btw ($19 for a whole); the other half was taken home.

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

Yes!

Cheesesteak with Provolone, Sautéed Onions, and Light Pizza Sauce - I wish I could say I liked it, but it was way too salty, and the Provolone was pungent to the point of sin - as sharp a Provolone as I can remember having.

Thats *half* a sandwich, btw ($19 for a whole); the other half was taken home.

DIet Soda with a Gut buster of a sandwich!

• Like 1

Well I don't know, but it made me think of Le Madeleine, a cafe I used to visit with some frequency and then stopped for what has been years and years.  The most recent visit, a few months ago, was sort of charming...and the food was reasonably good, not to mention a strong and distinctive sense between American and French Coffee.  I'd return.

...and now....back to the competition.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, DonRocks said:

Where did I dine? (NB - Two pieces were removed before this photo was taken.)

Wings.jpg <--- This shouldn't be that difficult; it has offered some of the best hot wings in the area for many years now.

City Smokehouse?

On 8/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, DonRocks said:

Where did I dine? (NB - Two pieces were removed before this photo was taken.)

Wings.jpg <--- This shouldn't be that difficult; it has offered some of the best hot wings in the area for many years now.

This is driving me nuts because I have eaten those wings a number times (years ago) and remember that sauce distinctly, but can't place where it is

8 hours ago, DonRocks said:

They're from a sister restaurant of a more upscale place, very nearby.

Looks like Comet Ping Pong to me!!

I think I've eaten hundreds of their wings.  Come to think of it, they are my favorite wings in the area.

Pro tip:  If you only order pizza there, you can ask for a side of the wing sauce - great for dipping the pizza crust!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sluggo said:

Looks like Comet Ping Pong to me!!

I think I've eaten hundreds of their wings.  Come to think of it, they are my favorite wings in the area.

Pro tip:  If you only order pizza there, you can ask for a side of the wing sauce - great for dipping the pizza crust!

There you go! My favorite wings in the area, too.

2 hours ago, bookluvingbabe said:

No.  Central Florida.  

The first two bottles of wine I ever bought were from Village Vintner in Orlando - I still have them!

I can't imagine this is the Disneyworld Jaleo, but is that on the right path?

1 hour ago, John William G said:

Since no one has made any guesses about my "Where did I dine?"   I'll give a hint:  It was at a very popular Northern Virginia location of a DC area restaurant chain.

I gazed at your picture for awhile and gave up - I see three slices of industrial-looking bread topped with what looks like industrial Brie, green apple slices, and (I think) caramelized onions in some sort of chutney. I suspect people didn't comment about it because they didn't want to dis your meal, but there's nothing special here.

22 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

I gazed at your picture for awhile and gave up - I see three slices of industrial-looking bread topped with what looks like industrial Brie, green apple slices, and (I think) caramelized onions in some sort of chutney. I suspect people didn't comment about it because they didn't want to dis your meal, but there's nothing special here.

It is bread, brie, crisp apples, and onion jam.  And it was delicious.

6 minutes ago, John William G said:

It is bread, brie, crisp apples, and onion jam.  And it was delicious.

Oh, I don't question that it was delicious (refer to "didn't want to dis your meal"); only that it looks like something you'd make for lunch at home. Founding Farmers maybe? Was there anything in particular about it that stood out?

3 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

While this last one winds its way through Disney World, I'll start one closer to home. Where did I dine?

That they would serve laab gai and edamame together suggests a pan-Asian restaurant rather than a more traditional Thai or Lao place I would say, but that probably doesn’t narrow it down too much. 

26 minutes ago, Rhone1998 said:

That they would serve laab gai and edamame together suggests a pan-Asian restaurant rather than a more traditional Thai or Lao place I would say, but that probably doesn’t narrow it down too much. 

I also thought this was odd - it doesn't seem coherent..

On 9/1/2019 at 1:44 PM, Kibbee Nayee said:

While this last one winds its way through Disney World, I'll start one closer to home. Where did I dine?

Letttuce Cups.jpg

I believe Bambu on MacArthur Blvd has all three, the circular sushi plate is throwing me off as I remember always getting a square plate - though I'm not sure I've ever had a sushi order that large here.

22 minutes ago, genericeric said:

I believe Bambu on MacArthur Blvd has all three, the circular sushi plate is throwing me off as I remember always getting a square plate - though I'm not sure I've ever had a sushi order that large here.

This place is very sushi-forward but the kitchen is a bit pan-Asian. It is not in the District, so look to the 'burbs.