porcupine

Where Did I Dine? A Photograph-Based Guessing Game

1 minute ago, ktmoomau said:

Taqueria Poblano?

I *knew* you'd be the one to get this.

3 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

I *knew* you'd be the one to get this.

Is 5 minutes record timing?  Hahahha, and I have never ordered a burrito there!  The crispy tacos or the tostada are my favorites. I will say though, now living right by the Del Ray location, the Lee Harrison location to me is much better.

46 minutes ago, ktmoomau said:

Is 5 minutes record timing?  Hahahha, and I have never ordered a burrito there!  The crispy tacos or the tostada are my favorites. I will say though, now living right by the Del Ray location, the Lee Harrison location to me is much better.

Actually, I don't like any of them (this was the Columbia Pike location) - the food tastes like microwaved El Paso (waaaaayy back when there was only the Del Ray location, I remember it being better, but it was so long ago that I'm not sure).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

Where did I dine eat for lunch today?

Burrito.jpg

(That's a really nice fish presentation at Xenia).

Taqueria el poblano Arlington ?

Just now, naxos said:

Taqueria el poblano Arlington ?

I didn’t see the last post;)

Where did I dine?

Pork Blade Steak served with Vermicelli, Nuoc Cham, Peanut Sauce, Fresh Herbs and Lettuces, Pickled Radish and Jalapeño

_05.jpg.65cca9f9f7a7d79ac4345fcb3a6a6e4b.jpg

1 minute ago, dslee said:

Where did I dine?

Pork Blade Steak served with Vermicelli, Nuoc Cham, Peanut Sauce, Fresh Herbs and Lettuces, Pickled Radish and Jalapeño

_05.jpg.65cca9f9f7a7d79ac4345fcb3a6a6e4b.jpg

Emilie’s 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dslee said:

Yes, Emilie's.  Insanely fun and delicious!

The granite (bar countertop) was a giveaway.  The patrons sitting next to us concurred that the pork was delicious -- but head's up: it's $48.  (All the dishes we ate were at least good, and the branzino was great (mostly, like the pork, because of accompaniments that put it over the top).  The cocktails -- not so much.)

On 10/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, DonRocks said:

Actually, I don't like any of them (this was the Columbia Pike location) - the food tastes like microwaved El Paso (waaaaayy back when there was only the Del Ray location, I remember it being better, but it was so long ago that I'm not sure).

I have told you over and over again that you order wrong though.  If you get things other than the crispy tacos, or tostada, you are just asking for disappointment.  And the crispy tacos need a little hot sauce, I go for cholula or their house made habernero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ktmoomau said:

I have told you over and over again that you order wrong though.  If you get things other than the crispy tacos, or tostada, you are just asking for disappointment.  And the crispy tacos need a little hot sauce, I go for cholula or their house made habernero.

Yes, but I wanted a burrito, was in the area, and I always make every effort to steer clear of "Burritos Bro's" (the place that used to be the second outlet of Pedro & Vinny's) - if anyone wants to tell me that Burritos Bro's has "turned the corner," I'd be willing to try it again: It has been several years since I've been. (I was going to go to Bantam King for some chicken, but just didn't feel like making the drive).

19 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Yes, but I wanted a burrito, was in the area, and I always make every effort to steer clear of "Burritos Bro's" (the place that used to be the second outlet of Pedro & Vinny's) - if anyone wants to tell me that Burritos Bro's has "turned the corner," I'd be willing to try it again: It has been several years since I've been. (I was going to go to Bantam King for some chicken, but just didn't feel like making the drive).

Is there a good burrito in the DMV?  I tend to dislike burritos, but I am not sure what makes a great burrito.  To me, the best burrito I have ever had was a green chili burrito in NM- which was about 1/4 the size of any burrito I have seen in DC, but much more incorporated in flavor and manageable to eat.   

Where did I dine? 

Below is one of my top favorite dishes of 2019!

694303244_06copy.jpg.ab3952960f3a4a84736c63f5bb5752b1.jpg

20 hours ago, dslee said:

Where did I dine? 

Below is one of my top favorite dishes of 2019!

Rooster and Owl?

9 hours ago, Rhone1998 said:

Rooster and Owl?

Not Rooster and Owl, but it is a restaurant in DC.  The dish pictured above is wok fried rice with crab fat, Chinese sausage, trout roe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dslee said:

Not Rooster and Owl, but it is a restaurant in DC.  The dish pictured above is wok fried rice with crab fat, Chinese sausage, trout roe.

Can't wait to find out, sounds delicious!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Marty L. said:

Bad Saint?

Yes, Bad Saint, one of my top favorite restaurants in DC. 

3 hours ago, ktmoomau said:

Can't wait to find out, sounds delicious!

The name of the dish is Sinangag Na Alimasag, which is currently on the menu at Bad Saint.  So darn delicious as was my entire dinner!  I love Bad Saint.

4 hours ago, DonRocks said:

What film did I see today?

IMG_3868.jpgIMG_3869.jpg

Hint: If you recognize the restaurant, and you know my taste in film, this isn't that difficult.

On 11/8/2019 at 9:00 PM, DonRocks said:

What film did I see today?

IMG_3868.jpgIMG_3869.jpg

On 11/9/2019 at 1:36 AM, DonRocks said:

Hint: If you recognize the restaurant, and you know my taste in film, this isn't that difficult.

Too easy? Okay, what two films did I see this weekend?

PS - I'd never been to either of these restaurants before - neither the fast-casual Indian, nor the fast-casual pizzeria.

IMG_3877.jpg