Maestro, in the Tysons Corner Ritz-Carlton - Closed.

My coworker, aka "the moron", came into work this morning quite pleased because she found out that her mother-in-law was treating the whole family for Christmas dinner at Maestro.

When I asked if she was sure it was Maestro she replied, "it's the fancy restaurant at the Ritz Carlton in Va. with the famous chef". I tried not to smile when I let her know that unfortunately Fabio was long gone and Maestro was no longer Maestro.

So, does anyone know who is in the kitchen these days and how they are doing? Is it worth whatever her MIL is going to end up blowing on Christmas Dinner.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My coworker, aka "the moron", came into work this morning quite pleased because she found out that her mother-in-law was treating the whole family for Christmas dinner at Maestro.

When I asked if she was sure it was Maestro she replied, "it's the fancy restaurant at the Ritz Carlton in Va. with the famous chef". I tried not to smile when I let her know that unfortunately Fabio was long gone and Maestro was no longer Maestro.

So, does anyone know who is in the kitchen these days and how they are doing? Is it worth whatever her MIL is going to end up blowing on Christmas Dinner.

From the Ritz web site, which also notes that Maestro is still in search of a chef:

Christmas Brunch in Maestro (show details) (hide details)

December 25, 2007

$120 per person/$37 per child

Enjoy this holiday season in Maestro

Join us for Christmas brunch with additional holiday specialties, including a live harpist. Seatings from 11:30 a.m to 5:00 p.m.

Brunch reservations are needed. Please call (703) 917-5498 to make a reservation. Prices do not include tax and gratuity.

So Vincent and Emmanuele are staying? That's pretty kewl.

Metrocurean notes that Vincent is going to open up the wine cellar from Maestro to host monthly wine classes beginning later this month. I attended a class Vincent did 2-3 years ago, which was great. I'm not sure if he's using the same format for these ones or not, but for the last one he did they set up seating for everyone in the front of Maestro and he presented to us from in front of the kitchen. We had generous tastes from five bottles at least a few of which were pretty high end IIRC.

Metrocurean notes that Vincent is going to open up the wine cellar from Maestro to host monthly wine classes beginning later this month. I attended a class Vincent did 2-3 years ago, which was great. I'm not sure if he's using the same format for these ones or not, but for the last one he did they set up seating for everyone in the front of Maestro and he presented to us from in front of the kitchen. We had generous tastes from five bottles at least a few of which were pretty high end IIRC.

Here is a listing of the classes for those interested.

Thursday, January 24 - Ordering Wine for Women in Business

Thursday, February 21- Champagne Flights for Any Occasion

Thursday, March 27 - Syrah/Shiraz & Amarones

Thursday, April 17 - Best of Tuscany

Classes are from 630-830p.

NYTimes, March 17

"In September 2007 the chef Fabio Trabocchi was brought in from suburban Washington with much publicity to take over Fiamma in SoHo. Its handmade pastas were praised to the skies, and Frank Bruni gave it three stars in The New York Times that November. In January its owner closed it."

I suppose the closing might be old news to some (new to me), but does anyone know where Fabio ended up?

I suppose the closing might be old news to some (new to me), but does anyone know where Fabio ended up?
On Iron Chef where he lost to Michael Symon. But seriously, perhaps he might consider coming back here where the economic downturn hasn't [yet] affected the high end restaurant business the way NYC has been affected. Let us hope...

On Iron Chef where he lost to Michael Symon. But seriously, perhaps he might consider coming back here where the economic downturn hasn't [yet] affected the high end restaurant business the way NYC has been affected. Let us hope...

In my dreams, Fabio returns to the Ritz Carlton in Tysons, reopens Maestro, and picks up where he left off, as if he never left!

Ghost of Christmas Past:

"Greetings from Maestro‏

Dear Maestro Friend of the Family,

Buon Giorno! We hope this email finds you well.

As many of you have expressed interest in the Maestro Sterling Silver Centerpieces, we wanted to let you know that we are offering them to our most loyal clients on a first come, first serve basis. The price range is from $2000 - $5000 based on the size and complexity of the sculpture, and we would be happy to speak to you personally to discuss which ones you are interested in and which ones are available. You may contact me directly at (703-) 917-5717 or via email at emanuele.fissore@ritzcarlton.com.

We hope we will see you often during the Holiday season - as we have many special events including wine tasting; holiday teas; holiday brunches; and introducing The Pastry Shop offering cupcakes, specialty cakes and baked goods To Go!! We are also making Maestro Restaurant available for Holiday Parties and private events. Please visit www.ritzcarlton.com/tysons for our full calendar of events; or just let us know and we will be happy to email or mail you our holiday season offerings."

:(