darkstar965

Maketto, Chef James Wozniuk's Asian Street Food and Fashion Market at H Street and Linden Court NE

My wife and I, despite living a mere 2 miles away, had yet to get here until early January of this year, and we are kicking ourselves for not making it that long after having been here a few times.  We have tried a total of 12-15 dishes and had nothing that was less than 'very good', with a few things venturing into the 'excellent' category.  If they ever have the Sourdough Scallion Pancakes, do yourself a favor and order them, they are superior to anything I have had in this area, even better than Joe's Noodle House back when it was still good.  The Wok Fried Noodles is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes in DC right now, this is what I'm always hoping for when we order carryout from the myriad of middling Asian restaurants in the area and almost never get.  Oodles of fresh mushrooms, green onions, chilis, fried onions, there's no point in getting the pork add-on ($10 upcharge!), this dish is so flavorful it absolutely does not need it.  Staying vegetarian we have not gone on one visit without ordering the Mushroom and Leek Bao, which is a pleasantly doughy bun packed with stewed vegetables and sitting next to a smear of a spicy hoisin paste that takes the dish up to the next level for me.

Also, you can eat well here for 2 people (with drinks) for well under $100, which is next to impossible these days in DC.  Last night we had 4 appetizers, 2 cocktails, a beer, and the wok fried noodles for $79 before tip.  A great deal for a great meal.

• Like 6

I've been trying to be very good, and for a while was cooking lunch as well as dinner every day of work from home, but last week that all ended. Maketto has been an outstanding delivery option for us. Noodles, sandwiches, dumplings, and all awesome. And you can get a cold brew growler thrown onto your delivery as well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We ordered Maketto for @MichaelBDC's birthday last week and it was very very good. Steamed pork bao, leek and mushroom bao, vegetable gyoza, crispy gruyere dumplings, spicy cauliflower, and wok fried noodles with roasted pork. Our favorites were the crispy gruyere dumplings that held up well through the delivery process and the spicy cauliflower. We were stuffed after all the dumplings and bao and didn't get to the wok fried noodles & roast pork until the next day. The texture of the noodles didn't hold up well after a night in the fridge and reheating in the microwave, but the flavor was great. One of the better takeout/delivery experiences we have had in the time of coronavirus. 

• Like 6