Pizzicato, Classic, Old-School Italian at 248 Market Street in Old City

Had to chime in about a lovely little spot where we had a wonderful lunch at in March. It's called Pizzicato and is a few blocks from the Ben Franklin House at 3rd and Market. Nice and sunny, as it's on the corner of the block, and lively, with an open kitchen.

Since then, I've been thinking about the honey lavender dressing on the salad I had, which was a tasty mix of pears, gorgonzola, crispy pancetta and some very nice greens. One of these days I'm going to have to try to recreate the dressing, as I asked for the recipe since it was so good. tongue.gif

We also enjoyed the calamari appetizer dressed with a trio of sauces - plum, a spicy marinara and a third one that escapes me. A seafood pasta dish was generously loaded with all sorts of shrimp, scallops, squid, etc. and the pizza was nice and crispy.

Nicest treat of all was that the meal ended with a dessert on the house, just because the manager was a nice guy.

Had to chime in about a lovely little spot where we had a wonderful lunch at in March. It's called Pizzicato and is a few blocks from the Ben Franklin House at 3rd and Market. Nice and sunny, as it's on the corner of the block, and lively, with an open kitchen.

Since then, I've been thinking about the honey lavender dressing on the salad I had, which was a tasty mix of pears, gorgonzola, crispy pancetta and some very nice greens. One of these days I'm going to have to try to recreate the dressing, as I asked for the recipe since it was so good. tongue.gif

We also enjoyed the calamari appetizer dressed with a trio of sauces - plum, a spicy marinara and a third one that escapes me. A seafood pasta dish was generously loaded with all sorts of shrimp, scallops, squid, etc. and the pizza was nice and crispy.

Nicest treat of all was that the meal ended with a dessert on the house, just because the manager was a nice guy.

The owner of Pizzicato, Giampaolo "John" Duva, at one time had two more branches in New Jersey - one in Marlton, another in Moorestown Mall - and they both closed. Apparently, a long time ago (before the founding of this website), he had also opened a place not far from the Old Town Pizzicato called "Bijou Lounge," which presumably closed, although I can't find one jot of information saying it has, and its address, 11 S. 3rd St., comes up on Google Maps as follows:

post-2-0-17965600-1425538758_thumb.png

Best to stay lean, I think - even though it was a loooong time ago, I'm glad you had a good meal.

Unfortunately, Pizzicato's website comes up in Korean, which is not a good sign. However, it's still accepting reservations on OpenTable, so that's promising:

post-2-0-58372700-1425537757_thumb.png