Someplace New between Fair Oaks and Courthouse

DanCole42

Odds are I'll probably end up at one of my usual haunts (Trummer's, Orso, Ray's, Passionfish, Eventide, etc.), but I was curious of DR.com thinks I should try someplace new. My only criteria:

1) It should be geographically proximal to some of the restaurants I listed: i.e. somewhere roughly on the 66/267 corridor in NoVA between Chantilly and Rosslyn. Alexandria in exceptional cases.

2) I'd need to be able to find a table at 7, 7:30PM tonight.

3) I've had an exhausting week entertaining clients in big crowds 24 hours a day in Vegas, so preferably someplace leisurely and intimate.

4) I like cocktails.

5) My date is an attractive blonde.

So, what do you think?

Odds are I'll probably end up at one of my usual haunts (Trummer's, Orso, Ray's, Passionfish, Eventide, etc.), but I was curious of DR.com thinks I should try someplace new. My only criteria:

1) It should be geographically proximal to some of the restaurants I listed: i.e. somewhere roughly on the 66/267 corridor in NoVA between Chantilly and Rosslyn. Alexandria in exceptional cases.

2) I'd need to be able to find a table at 7, 7:30PM tonight.

3) I've had an exhausting week entertaining clients in big crowds 24 hours a day in Vegas, so preferably someplace leisurely and intimate.

4) I like cocktails.

5) My date is an attractive blonde.

So, what do you think?

Fair Oaks -> Courthouse is nowhere near the toll road. Can you explain further?

My initial thoughts:

66 and 50 - Woodlands if you don't mind lack of atmosphere (it's big, quiet, largely vegan, and quite good), Artie's is another possibility

66 and 123 - Le Mediterranean Bistro is very good, Villa Mozart would be my second choice here, Bollywood Bistro is good

66 and Nutley - Allegria or Sushi Yoshi

495 and 50 - 2941

495 and 7 - Nostos

66 and 7 - Open Kitchen was surprisingly decent when I went a couple months ago, Curry Mantra 2 (not 1) is the best Indian cooking in the DC area right now. This would get my vote.

66 and Sycamore - Côte D'Or Café is cute, but the food isn't so good, Chasin' Tails doesn't qualify as intimate, Rice Paper is your best bet here

66 and Glebe - Willow

Ballston - Pupatella (not intimate and self-serve), Layalina

Virginia Square - Mala Tang

Clarendon - Liberty Tavern, Eventide, Tallula (this would be my first choice here)

It's times like these when I realize I'm something of a freak. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

I was glancing through that list and my thoughts were moving toward .....that is an incredible resource. Freak was far from my thinking processes, but Don: If you possibly think freak... so be it.

I'd characterize that list in one word as Valuable, and two words as incredible resource

• Like 2