Park The Segway Outside

Nadya

I find it amusing that Bistro Bis now has a cocktail called the "Segway Martini" :)

When the bartender at Bis told me about this new cocktail a few months ago, he said it has absolutely nothing to do with the Segway incident. Right. Of course.

The drink is a cucumber flavored martini. I assume the choice of legume is immaterial, but I certainly could think of uses for it in this context.

Wow, what a thread...I have been fascinated to read the way some people's minds work. I have so much to say but so little time at the moment. I did want to address this one comment, however.

Why would we insist that a handicapped person, who is using a Segway so they can stand and have their dignity, have to hang some big blue placard on themselves declaring to the world that they are handicapped? What a horrible suggestion.

I am gay, I better hang a big pink triangle on myself so that everyone knows...oh wait, that was tried once before in history, wasn't it?

Seriously, folks, people who use Segways to get around are just using one more emerging technology to make their lives a little easier. They're not all suddenly going to get fat because of it, they're not all "entitled" bacuse of it, and they're not all suddenly rude because of it. They've just made a choice that you haven't made yet, and potentially never will, and that's just fine.

If a Segway rider wants to ask permission to store his or her device inside when patronizing an establishment, I see nothing wrong with that, and if an establishment wants to say "sorry we don't have room, or can't, or just don't want to," that is fine too. If that's the case, then the patron can inform of a need to have it with them, and the matter becomes different.

Well, that's all for now.

just me

This is the dumbest strawman I have ever read. If you still post here I would like to challenge you to a duel.

This is an amazing thread.

This is the dumbest strawman I have ever read. If you still post here I would like to challenge you to a duel.

This is an amazing thread.

You can mouse over a poster's name to see some basic information about that person, including when he or she was last active. In this case, it was seven and one half years ago. This is an OLD thread.

Darlings! I can't believe this resurfaced. What fun!

AGM, my seven-year absence didn't make me any less lovable.  I am rather hurt you'd deny me admirers over that!

Nadya, you appear to share some habits with the seven-year cicada, though far more pleasant to look at. Please re-emerge more often!