Cocktail Bars on the Green Line

Choirgirl21

So I want a bearded and/or mustached plaid-wearing mixologist to make me some fancy cocktails tomorrow night. Food or snacks is a bonus. And I want to do this with anywhere from 2 to 7 friends. Yeah, I know. So where do we go?

I am sadly kind of behind on the bar scene these days. I really wanted to check out Whiskey Bar, but I can't seem to figure out if the bar is open tomorrow (they do appear to have a show going on on the other level). I've been to Hogo and would happily go there again, but I've never been to The Passenger so think that might be a great option but for the insane numbers of people (do you need rez for that place? do they take them?). Maybe The Gibson is worth trying if their patio is open? Anywhere else? I'd like to stick to DC (VA is too far), green line accessible is a super bonus since I am coming from MD.

So I want a bearded and/or mustached plaid-wearing mixologist to make me some fancy cocktails tomorrow night. Food or snacks is a bonus. And I want to do this with anywhere from 2 to 7 friends. Yeah, I know. So where do we go?

I am sadly kind of behind on the bar scene these days. I really wanted to check out Whiskey Bar, but I can't seem to figure out if the bar is open tomorrow (they do appear to have a show going on on the other level). I've been to Hogo and would happily go there again, but I've never been to The Passenger so think that might be a great option but for the insane numbers of people (do you need rez for that place? do they take them?). Maybe The Gibson is worth trying if their patio is open? Anywhere else? I'd like to stick to DC (VA is too far), green line accessible is a super bonus since I am coming from MD.

Just to make sure, you *do* mean Sunday, right? (That's what you typed in the title, before I optimized it.) I know you're anxious, but this is Friday unless I severely overslept. :)

The Passenger, and to a lesser degree, The Gibson, are right off the Green Line.

lest you the booze hit you too hard, you should probably eat something before heading out for cocktails and there's a fantastic little japanese restaurant near a *bunch* of bars just off the green line. AND we'll take reservations if your party is 5 or more.

you can head straight down the street to the Gibson and but really, you should head north to Columbia Heights and hit Room 11 for your cocktail fix. I just had a bunch last night and they were delicious. There's beard, there's plaid, there's chunky glasses, there's sweetness and witty banter -- they have it all! and they have a lovely patio too. if that doesn't work out, El Chucho has some pretty tasty margaritas and mezcal drinks.

Just to make sure, you *do* mean Sunday, right? (That's what you typed in the title, before I optimized it.) I know you're anxious, but this is Friday unless I severely overslept. :)

The Passenger, and to a lesser degree, The Gibson, are right off the Green Line.

No, I meant tomorrow (Saturday), I just accidentally typed Sunday apparently.

lest you the booze hit you too hard, you should probably eat something before heading out for cocktails and there's a fantastic little japanese restaurant near a *bunch* of bars just off the green line. AND we'll take reservations if your party is 5 or more.

you can head straight down the street to the Gibson and but really, you should head north to Columbia Heights and hit Room 11 for your cocktail fix. I just had a bunch last night and they were delicious. There's beard, there's plaid, there's chunky glasses, there's sweetness and witty banter -- they have it all! and they have a lovely patio too. if that doesn't work out, El Chucho has some pretty tasty margaritas and mezcal drinks.

Hmmm...I like the way you think...

I'd like to stick to DC (VA is too far), green line accessible is a super bonus since I am coming from MD.

It's not a matter of "coming from MD" so much as you'll probably want to minimize any complex thought, action, or decision-making on the way home.

I know of someone who passed out at a bachelor's party, and his friends put him on a one-way Amtrak to Fargo, ND. Yes, he missed his wedding the next day (I heard this story from one of the perpetrators, so it's almost surely true).

I just wanted to thank you for your recommendation. We ended up here and had a really lovely evening. I plan to head back soon and when I do, I will be stopping at your restaurant for dinner first. :)

• Like 1