Taco Bamba, a Virginia-Based Taco Chain in Several Area Locations

Lunched today at the Springfield location and it missed on several points.  Got 1 each of my three favorite tacos:  Hail to the Hog (bbq pork belly), Ricky Bobby (brisket), and Vic Fil-A (fried chicken).  the bbq pork belly was drenchingly oversauced and the pork belly itself so overcooked that I couldn't chew through it. 

the other two tacos were oversauced as well, but not to the point of drench-ness, but they were also over-filled to the point that every bite pushed a gob of fillings onto my hands.  Since they were double tortillas, I took the second one and refilled with half the stuffing so that I had a proper ratio of innards to outies, but with the oversaucing, they were still pretty gloppy so the flavors didn't shine.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, weezy said:

Lunched today at the Springfield location and it missed on several points.  Got 1 each of my three favorite tacos:  Hail to the Hog (bbq pork belly), Ricky Bobby (brisket), and Vic Fil-A (fried chicken).  the bbq pork belly was drenchingly oversauced and the pork belly itself so overcooked that I couldn't chew through it. 

the other two tacos were oversauced as well, but not to the point of drench-ness, but they were also over-filled to the point that every bite pushed a gob of fillings onto my hands.  Since they were double tortillas, I took the second one and refilled with half the stuffing so that I had a proper ratio of innards to outies, but with the oversaucing, they were still pretty gloppy so the flavors didn't shine.

I've had similar experiences here.

I'm not sure what went into the thought process of choosing this location....Le Bledo was here for a long time, but after Chick-fil-A clobbered the parking lot and the traffic pattern, Le Bledo moved to -- and is thriving in -- another part of Springfield. I can't imagine that someone thought putting a mediocre food concept into a very bad location would be a good idea.

On 3/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Ericandblueboy said:

Thought it might give each other ideas based on where and what you're ordering for take-out or delivery.  

Taco Bamba in Falls Church is open for take-out.  Unfortunately, the tongue was super bland today but the carne asada was tender and flavorful.  

According to Taco Bamba's website, all Virginia locations are open.  And you can order online.

• Like 2

D.C. location has closed for good, along with Poca Madre. I was just on their website over the weekend and saw that the D.C. location was no longer listed. I was hoping there was an explanation other than this sad news. Taco Bamba may have its detractors, but we loved having a quality taco shop close by. I am really really bummed about this.

2 hours ago, eatruneat said:

D.C. location has closed for good, along with Poca Madre. I was just on their website over the weekend and saw that the D.C. location was no longer listed. I was hoping there was an explanation other than this sad news. Taco Bamba may have its detractors, but we loved having a quality taco shop close by. I am really really bummed about this.

Well this just blows. The DC outpost was a perfect location for me and several friends to meet at. Not surprising they've closed since there are probably very few office drones down there now. Actually not probably -- the article says that local offices are at FIVE PERCENT of capacity. FU Covid!

• Haha 1