The Indispensible hillvalley

DonRocks

A lot of times we all get busy and forget to thank the people who labor behind the scenes. hillvalley has put in dozens of hours helping with the membership and the events here, and if it wasn't for her, this community wouldn't have been able to blossom like it has.

Some people have assumed that she's being paid for her efforts. Here's my response to that: "With what?"

I don't have much else to add except a sincere Thank You! to the engine that runs this machine.

Buy her a drink next time you see her!

Rocks

A lot of times we all get busy and forget to thank the people who labor behind the scenes.  hillvalley has put in dozens of hours helping with the membership and the events here, and if it wasn't for her, this community wouldn't have been able to blossom like it has.

Some people have assumed that she's being paid for her efforts.  Here's my response to that:  "With what?"

I don't have much else to add except a sincere Thank You! to the engine that runs this machine.

Rocks

AMEN!

Note to newbies or those who haven't yet met your fellow Rockwellians out and about:

Do yourself a favor and meet the eminently affable Hillvalley! The rest of us are ventworm nuts in comparison :)

If only we knew where to find her (besides here!) perhaps we would!

I raise my glass to the fabulous Hillvalley and say, "Hear, hear!"

This group is very special and wonderful because of all of her efforts.

(And, Hillvalley, thank you for being so patient with me when I couldn't figure out the Paypal thing for the 2941 dinner. :) )

[seems like now is a good time to bump this up...]

THANK YOU Hillvalley - for EVERYTHING you do - both for all of us here at DR.com and for the others you do so much for in your 'real life'! Our little community wouldn't the same without you :huh::):wub:

(And nobody better give her any crap about the random selection process for the Maestro dinner or any of the other events :lol: As has been discussed - at great length - it's the most fair way to do it when there are more people than there are slots - at least without getting into a very complicated recordkeeping system that would be totally UNFAIR to ask one person to keep up with)

Back to our regularly scheduled program - THANKS AGAIN - your efforts are much appreciated! :)

[seems like now is a good time to bump this up...]

THANK YOU Hillvalley - for EVERYTHING you do - both for all of us here at DR.com and for the others you do so much for in your 'real life'!  Our little community wouldn't the same without you  :huh:   :)   :wub:

(And nobody better give her any crap about the random selection process for the Maestro dinner or any of the other events  :lol:   As has been discussed - at great length - it's the most fair way to do it when there are more people than there are slots - at least without getting into a very complicated recordkeeping system that would be totally UNFAIR to ask one person to keep up with)

Back to our regularly scheduled program - THANKS AGAIN - your efforts are much appreciated! :)

Not to divert this, but I thought that the random selection process was pretty universally liked. I would hope that there is not any problem with this.

Not to divert this, but I thought that the random selection process was pretty universally liked.  I would hope that there is not any problem with this.

Just trying to head it off at the pass :huh:

anyone got any problems with that should see mdt and me :lol:

Hillvalley puts in a LOT of work on these events that people don't see or know about (Don too!) Even if we can't all go to every event (for whatever reason) there will be more and there are plenty of informal gatherings too!

So thanks again for making these great opportunities available - we are very lucky to have someone who gives so much time and energy to make these (very) special events possible.

A lot of times we all get busy and forget to thank the people who labor behind the scenes.  hillvalley has put in dozens of hours helping with the membership and the events here, and if it wasn't for her, this community wouldn't have been able to blossom like it has.

Some people have assumed that she's being paid for her efforts.  Here's my response to that:  "With what?"

Rocks

Sorry I missed you yesterday, Jenna. I'm glad Tom Power fulfilled the "least-we-could-do-and-well-deserved-buy-Jenna-a-drink-next-time-you-see-her"! :huh:

Thanks for the time, energy and effort you do and for putting up with your children (myself included) here at DonRockwell.com! :lol:

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. It has been a rough few weeks in my nonboard life and having this thread to look over has been a huge help.

All the work that I do is worth the company it brings.

And special thanks to those who have quneched my thirst the last two nights. I am able to get through another Fist Fight Friday because of your generosity in time and spirits.

I'd like to add my thanks to hillvalley as well...she is truly phenomenal at making things appear as if they happen at the snap of her fingers. Now we all know what a demanding bunch we can all be, and how she does what she does in what time she has is truly amazing.